See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2011

It's a place of low life......I had booked two rooms way in advance. I picked this place because of dog friendly..not knowing what a dump!!!....Manager shows up barefoot in flannel pj's. and tells me they had overbooked and their had been an accident and were cleaning up the mess.Two shirtless
fat men hanging over balcony smoking....I couldn't get out of their fast enough!!!!!..Their add is on the billboard as you enter 11st. Lakeport.....Needs to be removed.....a disgrace to Lake county

Room Tip: Not here!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank signa D
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My family (me, wife, & children) had a great time. Rooms were clean and the accommodations were comfortable. Room rate was reasonable. Staff was friendly. I would definitely stay there again. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank FamilyVacation101
Reviewed September 12, 2009

this place was great. the kitchen was large enough to cook in and the dock, my god the dock! it was great we fished and just sat out there. the managers were so nice and friendly. they had the cutest little boy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank hoomiej
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We chose this property, because currently they are the ONLY pet friendly Motel in Lakeport, Ca. One other is currently closed due to new ownership and remodeling.

The place is dreadful IMHO. It is named Chalet Motel AND Apts. to me for an apparent reason. It looks like a place where down and outs, with no place to go, possibly section 8 housing, would end up, with their broken down cars on jacks, and or flat tires, end up. The room itself was musty smelling, with mouse droppings all over the kitchen, including in every cooking pan, under the sink, AND on top of the refrigerator (How'd they get up there)?? No paper towels were provided in the kitchen or dish detergent. And there were not enough towels for two of us, kleenex, etc. Very poorly taken care of.

The area described on their site said a sandy beach. Looks more like a gravelly mud hole, next to a very smelly lake. The dock/deck area, over the water was very unkempt, old and dirty.

On the plus side, we did have a working TV, though smallish (19 or 20") with a built in VCR, which the VCR we did not try or use. Lakeport this time of year is VERY HOT, and the air conditioner did work very very well, as well did also the cooking stove, microwave, and refrigerator. When my Wife first saw the place she was ready just to go home, but we had driven 2 1/2 hrs. and did stay one night, instead of two that we had hoped to.

It was very uninviting, and we would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple