“Customer didn't get the service!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Long story short, the management cared more about the parties they booked in the breakfast room, more than they did the actual hotel guests. After numerous complaints, I had to call the police about the inability of the hotel staff to control the situation. The police had also been called out that same night because another guest of the hotel felt it necessary to physically assault a child of a different guest.

Avoid this place like the plague!!!

The A/C in the room sounded like a small aircraft engine. There was no way to adjust the speed of the fan, it was all or nothing.

I did manage to get one night refunded. Will never stay or recommend this property to another person.

Room Tip: Avoid 232, it is above the "party room".
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Erika J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Hi Bacchus1310,

I am terribly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay. As you know, the front desk staff did in fact ask the guests from the events to be extremely quiet so as to not disturb you. We were under the impression that we had taken care of the situation to your satisfaction and again apologize that this was not the case.

We do in fact take issue with the charge that a guest at our property "assaulted" a child. We deal in facts. Our property has video cameras in all public areas as well as the front desk. The elderly woman that was accused of this "assault" never came near this child. She was simply asking him to stop ringing her handicap accessible bell and knocking on her door as her disabled husband was trying to rest. The video footage has been given to the police department. Had this not been the case, we would have immediately asked her to leave the property as we take the security and well-being of our guests very seriously.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have been caused by the events. We strive for every guest to enjoy their stay.

Dorine Julius

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 1 August 2015

There are times that a hotel does something that is just so extraordinary; that it needs a review. The Holiday Inn express in Lathrop California, has impressed me to offer this observation. Upon being checked in by the desk clerk who I truly feel English is their first language; however I could not understand any words she spoke. Who then later assigned me to what is literally the furthest room away from the front of the hotel. If you like rooms with the really really really loud air-conditioners this is a hotel for you! If you want to be gouged for twice as much money as they're already overpriced vending machine charges to buy a 1.66 ounce Snickers bar at $2 come right out and stay at the Lathrop California Holiday Inn express! This roadside hotel has a good pool excellent general cleanliness and new and clean rooms at or above the current market price. The special nuance of overcharging me is priceless..

Room Tip: lower numbered rooms are farther away. Air conditioners are screamingly loud, do not expect to talk...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear TomFromWorthington,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and being an IHG Rewards Club member. We are pleased to read that you have regarded our rooms to be clean and pool to be excellent. On the other hand, we’re sorry if we fell below your expectation regarding the staff service at check-in. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information. I hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 July 2015

I like Holiday Inn Express's and if you look at my other reviews -- its rare for me to ding a hotel. But this hotel advertised itself as welcoming pets. So we booked a room at a reasonable rate of $125. Upon arriving -- I was told I would have to pay a $75 non-refundable fee for my dog. That is outrageous. I am used to seeing a $20-$25 fee for extra cleaning and that is fair. This was just a rip off. And the attitude of the front desk clerk was clear -- she didn't care. I am only staying because I have been driving for 12 hours. Will never stay here again. By the way, the room isn't that clean, the neighborhood isn't great. Drive on by

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Hi LADuckFan,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop. I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay because of pet fee and the service you received from our staff. Our hotel is a pet friendly hotel and accepts dogs/cats but there is a non-refundable fee of $75 in your case for pets that are bigger. Every hotel is different with their own pet policy. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. Please be advice that this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit in the area.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Stopped here while traveling from Portland to Southern, CA after striking out in Stockton with no prior reservation. Eventually reached this hotel, but not until we encountered problem trying to make a reservation. Called the Hotel and was re-directed to Central Reservation which disconnected my call after 4-5 minutes on hold. Called back, insisted to speak with Mgr who once again tried to transfer me to same Central Reservation. I pushed back, explaining my prior experience and to her credit, assisted in taking our reservation. While we have no particular complaints about the accommodations, which we found acceptable, we were put off by the entry area just outside the front entrance which looked like it had not been cleaned in quite awhile. From this initial experience, we were naturally on guard, but pleasantly surprised that the interior public areas were clean as were the rooms. Warning....this hotel is located off Hwy 99 with easy 5 mile access to I/5. Overall, a decent place to stay if location is not a problem. Staff was pleasant and the free buffet breakfast better than average.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2015

Hello Claude R, thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I think there might have been a misunderstanding on which Holiday Inn Express & Suites you have stayed. Unfortunately, our hotel is not located on Hwy 99, we are right on Hwy 5. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you on your next future visit in the area.

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Crew and I stayed here for business. A very nice hotel and a very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was quiet, clean and conveniently located. My room was spacious, clean and the bed was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Dear Gordon G.,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop. I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. I'm glad to know you and your crew enjoyed your stay and found our rooms spacious and clean. Our staff strive to be the best and comments like yours shows they are achieving their goal. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Ever thing about this trip was disappointing.
let's start with check in.
When we arrived we were greeted by NO ONE. After waiting several minutes two woman came from the back with their shirts untucked looking extremely unprofessional and seemed rather in a hurry to get us checked in and out of their way. With maintenance history I checked to insure all smoke alarms were in order and found that our smoke alarm had no battery and was not even plugged in thus useless in the event of a fire. I called down to the front desk and was told it's not a smoking room so there should be no smoke. Hmm well I guess if the building catches on fire no smoke will come to my room since it's a non smoking room. we were never given assistance with that issue so I plugged it in my self since the staff won't do their job. Also When our reservation was made we asked for the room with the spa inside right next to the bed as shown in advertisement. We were told it was available and that's what we were getting but instead we got a bath tub that made bubbles. we didn't bother and decided to make the best of it but Come to find out the tub didn't even work. We called that front desk and we're told they are checking one person in and they will be right up. That took over an hour and a half before any body showed up completely ruining the vibe of our night. Staff said they were not maintenance but could switch us to another room which took another half an hr. With our night ruined we went to bed disappointed with hopes of a morning swim but come to find out the next morning g the pool was a swamp. I've never seen a pool as dark green as this one in any place I've ever stayed. We checked out early and were not asked about our visit by staff or a manager for that matter. No thank you or nothing so we decided since we didn't receive good service in any other department we were not going to get it there put our luggage away and hit the road Sad to say but this visit was a complete waste of money and we will never ever be returning again to this hotel of disappointment

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Roadmasterr,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop. I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay because of our pool and the service you received from out staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. Please be advice that this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us and apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit in the area.

Reviewed 25 June 2015

Pros:
Extremely friendly staff
Great location
Nice looking rooms and lovely grounds

Cons:
Noisy AC
Difficult to regulate temperature (and it gets HOT in Lathrop)
The bed was a bit uncomfortable

This hotel is nice, but the A/C kept waking us up everytime it turned on or off. We stayed here for access to the spa, but a large group over ran the pool/spa area with a large gathering. Breakfast is included, but didn't start until 6:30, but we needed to be at our morning destination before that.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika J, Guest Experience Champion at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2015

Dear Jnennimtz,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop. I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay because start hour for breakfast service. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Once again, thank you for staying with us!

Guest Experience Champion

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
0.8 km away
8.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Manteca
1.1 km away
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!