“Lovely Holiday Inn Express!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lathrop
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I truly enjoyed my stay at this Holiday Inn Express! I was in town for a family get together and majority of us decided to stay at this holiday inn! I was very impressed as soon as I walked through the door there was a beautiful staircase, the lobby was very inviting. I In my opinion I thought that this was a really good looking hotel, inside and out! The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. They put all of our family on the same floor which was appreciated. Breakfast was good, really enjoyed the pancake maker! Most importantly the staff make the hotel from housekeeping to the front desk! A big thanks to Shaprice and Rebecca, I had most of my encounters with them! These ladies were warm, professional and welcoming! When I return to this area I will stay here! Thank you again from the Thurman Family!
-Gabrielle

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Erika J, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Hi Gabrielle B,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad to know you had a great stay. Our staff strive to be the best and comments like yours shows they are achieving their goal. I will make sure to let Rebecca and Shaprice know of this comment as I am sure they would love to read a positive review about them.We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Lathrop! Happy Travels!

Sales Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2015

Like the title says...this place needs a little updating. Heater hardly worked and when it did was quite loud. Had to choose between being cold or not able to sleep for the noise. Service was fine and the room was adequate. Close, but no cigar.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Hi Tom J,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay at our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.Please be advice that this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit in the area.

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here twice, once on are way south and again on are way north and probably won't stay again. Rooms were clean but need a good deep cleaning. Breakfast was bland and coffee was watered down. Front desk was lacking customer service. My first room was okay. But my second night the freeway noise was noticeable ( it is the I5 so i was expecting some noise ) so I turned the TV on to have some back ground noise but the ac was so LOUD I couldn't even hear the TV. I just wanted a quite room to sleep before getting back on the road after being in a car accident earlier that day. Ill I wanted was to rest and that didn't happen.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2015

Hi anniem2010,

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Stayed here for a soccer tournament in Manteca.
- Great for group reservations: I needed to make a group reservation for the entire team and the hotel sales rep was very easy to work with.
- Price is right! The room was $109 per night and included a full, hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, pancakes, fresh cinnamon rolls).
- Rooms are clean and updated
- Complimentary Cookies in lobby in the afternoon
- Very comfy beds - we slept well
- Friendly staff
- convenient location near the highway, and also very close to restaurants

They have an indoor pool which might be fun for the kids, but it was small and a little grungy

Walls are thin so get a room on the top floor, away from the highway and if possible away from the truck wash which can get some noise in the morning

Room Tip: Top floor, away from highway and truck wash
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Erika J, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

Dear Sunnymom2000,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop and for taking the time to write us a review. I'm glad to know you and your team had a great experience at our hotel. Our staff strive to be the best and comments like yours shows they are achieving their goal. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Long story short, the management cared more about the parties they booked in the breakfast room, more than they did the actual hotel guests. After numerous complaints, I had to call the police about the inability of the hotel staff to control the situation. The police had also been called out that same night because another guest of the hotel felt it necessary to physically assault a child of a different guest.

Avoid this place like the plague!!!

The A/C in the room sounded like a small aircraft engine. There was no way to adjust the speed of the fan, it was all or nothing.

I did manage to get one night refunded. Will never stay or recommend this property to another person.

Room Tip: Avoid 232, it is above the "party room".
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Erika J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Hi Bacchus1310,

I am terribly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay. As you know, the front desk staff did in fact ask the guests from the events to be extremely quiet so as to not disturb you. We were under the impression that we had taken care of the situation to your satisfaction and again apologize that this was not the case.

We do in fact take issue with the charge that a guest at our property "assaulted" a child. We deal in facts. Our property has video cameras in all public areas as well as the front desk. The elderly woman that was accused of this "assault" never came near this child. She was simply asking him to stop ringing her handicap accessible bell and knocking on her door as her disabled husband was trying to rest. The video footage has been given to the police department. Had this not been the case, we would have immediately asked her to leave the property as we take the security and well-being of our guests very seriously.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience you may have been caused by the events. We strive for every guest to enjoy their stay.

Dorine Julius

Reviewed 1 August 2015

There are times that a hotel does something that is just so extraordinary; that it needs a review. The Holiday Inn express in Lathrop California, has impressed me to offer this observation. Upon being checked in by the desk clerk who I truly feel English is their first language; however I could not understand any words she spoke. Who then later assigned me to what is literally the furthest room away from the front of the hotel. If you like rooms with the really really really loud air-conditioners this is a hotel for you! If you want to be gouged for twice as much money as they're already overpriced vending machine charges to buy a 1.66 ounce Snickers bar at $2 come right out and stay at the Lathrop California Holiday Inn express! This roadside hotel has a good pool excellent general cleanliness and new and clean rooms at or above the current market price. The special nuance of overcharging me is priceless..

Room Tip: lower numbered rooms are farther away. Air conditioners are screamingly loud, do not expect to talk...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear TomFromWorthington,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and being an IHG Rewards Club member. We are pleased to read that you have regarded our rooms to be clean and pool to be excellent. On the other hand, we’re sorry if we fell below your expectation regarding the staff service at check-in. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information. I hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 July 2015

I like Holiday Inn Express's and if you look at my other reviews -- its rare for me to ding a hotel. But this hotel advertised itself as welcoming pets. So we booked a room at a reasonable rate of $125. Upon arriving -- I was told I would have to pay a $75 non-refundable fee for my dog. That is outrageous. I am used to seeing a $20-$25 fee for extra cleaning and that is fair. This was just a rip off. And the attitude of the front desk clerk was clear -- she didn't care. I am only staying because I have been driving for 12 hours. Will never stay here again. By the way, the room isn't that clean, the neighborhood isn't great. Drive on by

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Erika J, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2015

Hi LADuckFan,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Lathrop. I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay because of pet fee and the service you received from our staff. Our hotel is a pet friendly hotel and accepts dogs/cats but there is a non-refundable fee of $75 in your case for pets that are bigger. Every hotel is different with their own pet policy. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas. Please be advice that this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit in the area.

Guest Experience Champion

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lathrop
0.8 km away
7.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca
1.1 km away
Comfort Inn Lathrop - Stockton Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!