All reviews front desk king suite next morning soccer tournament yogurt stockton freeway noise property microwave wifi fixtures ac comfort
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We spend 2 nights here visiting family. Hotel is located right off the HWY 5, which is conveniences. We were given a king suite, it is spacious and super clean. All the staffs are friendly and always greets us.

The noise from the freeway is very present and if you have the heater/AC on, the noise and the air from the machine will blow the curtain create more noises.

Shower pressure is so weak, and where is the hot water?!

Breakfast was your normal eggs, sausages, toast, cinnamon buns, cereals, milks, yogurt.

We were there the week of soccer tournament and kids were running up and down the hallways. And they loved to slam doors. The hotel's wall is so thins, we can hear our neighbor talking next doo.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2018

Hi tibet71,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that each guest stay is an excellent one. We are happy to hear you found the suite clean and spacious and our location convenient. We also are grateful for your kind words about our staff.

I am sorry your stay was negatively impacted by the noise from the freeway and from other guests during your stay. I apologize for any discomfort these may have caused you. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Connie D

Reviewed March 14, 2018

One of those hotels were price and service are the deciding factor. The gentleman that checked me in insisted on a license plate for the car, really? Next, he forgot to run a card, I was out shopping when he called asking for me to return. Next, the breakfast at the H.I. Express is average at best, this one was not good as the food was overcooked and just bad. The other interesting point is that there was not diet soda available in the entire place! The room was okay, the service was subpar, I used points, so it is hard to put a value on this review. I would say that as a freebie, it was okay. If I had paid, it better have been cheap!

Room tip: Uh, not sure, if it is cheap, then stay. If it isn't well, you might be disappointed?
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Hello TravelerfromArizona,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Lathrop, CA. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding breakfast, room and customer service. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Hotel was convenient to I-5 and the room was pleasant but the hot water was barely lukewarm and the thermostat didn’t work. Had we arrived earlier in the evening we would have asked the hotel maintenance attend to water and thermostat.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2018

Dear Mjandpups,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and Suites Lathrop.

I would like to start to apologize for any inconvenience due to the non working thermostat and the heating system in the bathroom. We will investigate this further with our team. It is very important for us that all our guests have a very comfortable and enjoyable stay and we strive to maintain a high quality standard of service at all times.

We have used comments such as yours to improve our guests experience and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ben W.

Reviewed October 25, 2017

I told the nice lady with the sniffles WiFi did not work. She said she'd call. When I returned fro "dinner" at a truck stop sandwich place, the only place within walking distance, she said they (the WiFi people) would all me to "talk me through" connecting. Now I'm a retired IT person who has installed WiFi networks for places bigger than this hotel and I've probably "connected to WiFi" in hotels upwards of 200 times. The WiFi WAS NOT WORKING, period. That's what that little yellow triangle with an explanation point MEANS. You are connected to the router, but the router has no Internet service. I wish they had taken responsibility for this and not been so damned condescending to me. And for the record, the WiFi people never called me. The next morning when I checked out the lady with the sniffles was still there. She said she had been home and returned, but the fact is the poor dear should not have been working with the public in that condition. She should have been home eating chicken soup. All in all a very disappointing night next to a loud truck stop with neon lights outside my window in an isolated part of town. I stopped there because I did not know any better.

Room tip: Avoid Northwest side. South side would be much quieter.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Hi Michael S,

We aim to deliver comfortable accommodations and I'm delighted to see your perfect rating for our hotel's cleanliness. On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused by our WiFi connection and how this was handled by our staff. This is not the impression we'd want to leave any of our guests and be assured that these areas will be addressed accordingly to improve our services.

I appreciate your candor in detailing your experience. I hope you find time to visit us again soon for a chance to make your next stay more stellar than the last.

Warmest Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

Had last minute meetings in adjacent to the Stockton Airport, the name brand hotels were 20-25 minutes away on the opposite side of town. I decided to stay less than 10 minutes away in Lathrop, and what a pleasant surprise. The Holiday Inn Express in Lathrop is conveniently located off I-5, there are a few fast food restaurants that are in walking distance, there is not a whole else nearby, but thther hotel itself is really nice.

I stayed in the 2 room suite, which was spacious, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet for being next to a major freeway. The gym, and pool are really nice, the breakfast is better than your standard hotel fare. I've always enjoyed staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels, the location in Lathrop didn't disappoint.

Date of stay: July 2017