“Would not stay here again”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lawndale
Joliet, Illinois
“Would not stay here again”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Our room was dingy. The air conditioner/heater unit was extremely loud and did not blow any air. You'd think the cleaning crew or front desk staff would be aware of the fan situation and notify maintenance prior to guests checking in. Lack of air circulation resulted in a very stuffy and warm room. We kept the window open as long as possible, but closed and locked it when we tried to go go sleep. Had to turn on the radio for white noise. The toilet ran long after it was flushed. Bed was ok, but didn't make up for the rest of the room, overstuffed pillows, or the poor night's sleep we had. We didn't even bother with the breakfast.

Here's the kicker. There were motion sensors on the switches that control the lights in the room. When one of us got up in the middle of the night, all of the lights in the room and bathroom turned on. What's with that??

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the airport and we got a "good deal" by pre-paying through a website. I'd gladly pay double for a decent room elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Midwestmama_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Me and my husband had a paid reservation for 2 nights in this hotel. We arrived at 10 PM and the receptionist said there is a flood in some in the rooms and he doesn't know which rooms are empty (and this happened in the morning so the knew whole day but nobody called us or was thinking of relocating us before we arrive). So he was giving keys for different rooms to a hispanic guy to "check" - and I mean he really entered rooms one by one at 11 PM to check if there is person inside! After waiting for more than 2 hours and being a crowd of about 10 more guests (one of them a family with a baby) it turned out the hotel is full and there is nowhere for us to go. We made a huge scandal and by 2 AM we were relocated in another Best Western but they said we can stay only one night and after that we will be relocated again! After a lot of discussions they returned us the money for the second night and we paid the second night in the other hotel. There was no real apologies or anything. We are so pissed we are thinking about suing them. And by the way the receptionist is lazy, slow, stupid and very very rude!

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel ever! You may need to book another one at 1 or 2 AM even if they have confirm...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lawndale hotels

Fort Worth, TX, United States
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I was booked here when weather canceled my flight. To be fair to the property I was only there like 6 hours. The shuttle driver was efficient, friendly and safe. The property was clean and well maintained. Everything I used worked. It's an older property and the bed was not very comfortable. I was tired, I slept well, but I don't know if I would prefer it for multiple nights. The pool looked nice but didn't have time to use it. They have WIFI and a desktop with internet in the lobby. It was ideal for my very short stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We only stayed one night after a long flight, the hotel was just 15 minutes from the car hire pick up and easy to find off the freeway. The room was a nice size and well presented. The members of staff I interacted with were friendly and pleasent. Overall a typical Best Western Hotel that provided a good nights sleep followed by a nice buffet breakfast to set u up for the start of our vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel was is a typical Bestwestern, looks good on the outside, in a pretty good location for my business, reasonably priced, comfortable bed, quiet room with an exercise facility and pool. GREAT front desk staff, very friendly, knowledgeable of the area and restaurants and takes care of small problems PROMPTLY.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Bruce C
BWSBH, Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. We strive to extend excellent service to go with our great product. By telling us what you liked about your stay you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback.

Thank you again for taking time to complete the survey. We hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Noel V. AZURIN
Customer Care Department
Cerritos
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Without a guide, the TV/control is totally SCREWED. Any channel you press gets a snowy screen. Had to use the channel up and down for the whole stay. Even the displayed TV station had two systems of numbering. You need an interpreter! First time I've missed breakfast because it ended early @9:30.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSBH, Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. Please note that our provider upgraded their system recently and only allow stations that broadcasted digitally to be included in the list. There is an updated TV stations list on the compendium/blue binder on the work desk.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 310-973-0998.

Thank you.

Noel V. AZURIN
Customer Care Department
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. There was an issue with noise coming from outside the hotel. I mentioned it to the front desk and left for a little while. After I came back to my room it was obvious that an employee from the hotel went into my room without my permission, while I was gone. Nothing was missing, so I assume that it was to identify the noise. It was very unusual that they didn't ask permission to enter the room.
I was switched to a different room due to the noise. The new room had un-flushed paper/cloth left in the toilet. There was a piece of paper placed across the toilet seat saying that it had been sanitized, despite not being flushed or clean. The hotel was absolutely not worth the price. I would recommend staying some place else.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Frquentravlr
BWSBH, Assistant General Manager at Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking time to give a review of your recent stay at the Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel. We would like to mention that there was a party being held outside of the hotel and the noise was coming from that direction. Nobody from the hotel staff entered your room. We value your business and will be using your feedback to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawndale
0.2 km away
Best Western Airpark Hotel
#6 of 32 in Inglewood
1.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Best Western Plus South Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!