“Tamale Sign Got My Attention”

Farmers Mart Mexican Food
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Littlerock
Reviewed 29 November 2016

Driving up to Palmdale from Ontario Airport we passed through the little town of LittleRock, CA. As we passed I saw a painted sign announcing tamales for sale. Being a California native now loves virg on the East Coast, I always long for the foods of my roots...tamales being one of them. As we drove through I mentioned to my business associate that we should stop in on our way back out. The foll Wing day we did just that!

the following day we got a late start out of town. As we came upon the sign again we quickly decided to stop in to check out the tamales. Once inside the grocery store, we were directed to the adjoining cafe....a spartan little place with a counter and a few tables. Nothing pretentious about this place. Behind the counter was a gracious and helpful young lady who quickly offered us a menu. Although it was only 5:00 pm, it was 8:00 pm back home, so we quickly opted to sit down for dinner. As we perused the menu our questions were answered about the various items and combinations with a recommendation made based on our discussion. We ordered a dinner consisting of a chicken taco in a hard shell and a chicken enchilada with rice and beans. And since our initial attraction was the tamale sign, we ordered a pork tamale as well.

I have to say that we weren't disappointed! Although our original draw was for tamales, the entire dinner brought home memories of dinner at my Nana's. Did I mention that I am half Mexican? Everything was flavorful and definitely authentic. If I had to really rate each item, I'd say the tamale was probably my least favorite. That's not to say it wasn't good, just that I've had better, but I've also had much worst.

In summary, this is a small community with a lot of traffic flowing through town. If you happen to be driving near or through, I'd highly recommend stopping in and giving them your business. Friendly folks and good food. We're already talking about stopping in on another trip that would bring us back to the area. Oh, we also picked up some Mexican pastry in the market before leaving.