“Must Go Touristy Place to Stop”

Charlie Brown Farms
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Littlerock
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I live close by and go in here quite a lot...

The weekends tend to be very busy with all the traffic going through to Las Vegas.

When I go on vacation and see places like this, I always stop ! When I have people visit, I take them here. I always get positive responses and my guests are always enthralled with the uniqueness.

This shop has so many nooks and crannies - each door leading out to other little buildings and so much interesting stuff to look at.

I love the old times sodas - made like they used to be made ...REAL: SODAS and the variety is endless!! They have at least 10 different root bears and all the other flavors as well.

There's a lot of locally produced olives, hot sauces and other novelty food items including but not limited to a pretty good size candy (modern and nostalgic) and sugarless candy section, a small produce area with local fruits and vegetables, home made fudge, etc.

The food is quite good. Barbecue, sandwiches and their famous date shakes (really any flavor shake you can imagine) along with many other items. Yes, the setup for ordering is not the best but relax - it's part of the charm. The dining area is actually very cute with all the wood furnishings.

I could go on and on - there is so much here. Drop in ! You won't regret it !

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stopped by here after hiking for lunch, food was not impressive (not bad, but not noteworthy either)--but, the shakes were good (Almond Roca was the best). The entire restaurant is a cluster and the seating is limited; apparently, there was some seating outside but with desert temperatures reaching 98 degrees I can't imagine that being any fun. You have to get in one line (if you can find the end of the line) to place your order (keep your receipt, you have to show the people at the next line to pick up your order); then, you have to wait somewhere for your drinks--your food will come out later. People are standing in the way waiting for their drinks and food so trying to get to the place to pick up your drinks and food is an exercise is patience. And God forbid if you need anything "extra." I made it back to my seat just to find out that there was no BBQ sauce; I had to fight the crowd to get back to the front of the line for the sauce--they were very reluctant to provide any sauce, the worker said, "Didn't you get any in your order." If you were a tourist, this place could be interesting; it has a lot of "cute" touristy things to see.

1  Thank JAMROX69CA
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Charley Brown Farms fondly reminds me of the "tourist traps" along the two-lane highways of my youth fifty years ago. It has every knick-knack you can imagine, decent BBQ, candy (including sugar free) and soda you didn't think they made any more, ice cream, garden gnomes, dolls, and too many other things to mention. Make a fond memory for your kids, or relive one yourself--I never go by this place without stopping.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have traveled on the Great River Road that runs along the Mississippi and the barbecue at Charlie Browns Farm is as good as that found at the shacks along the road. It is real barbecue, not the stuff that chain restaurants call barbecue, with the burnt crust and signs of smoke.

The place is eclectic, it wants to be a fruit stand, market, and road side attraction. I don't believe they have really decided what is should be. But it is worth a stop when you are on the Pearblossom Highway.

1  Thank Cavydad