All reviews front desk breakfast buffet would stay here again room was large great place to stay comfortable beds quiet location stayed two nights very nice hotel the breakfast area freeway wineries refrigerator pets cons pros stockton
Reviewed August 22, 2016

We only stayed 1 night but it was very convenient for our purpose. The facility was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. Very close to quite a few of the Lodi wineries. Easy access to the freeway, gas and convenience store.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2016

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The rooms are very large and the cleaning staff do a great job. The room smelled fresh, the linens were all crisp and the bathroom was large.

I rated this place 4 stars because of the size of the rooms and the cleanliness. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful. I did not take advantage of the breakfast which I gather is quite big. The room felt like a suite and had a couch area besides the bed.

Why I could have rated it 3 stars. For me the room was too cold, I found that if you turn the thermostat up, the air does not go on as often. The bathroom didn't have a cup, the amenities were okay.The shower comes out like a fire hydrant. The food the hotel offers in the store is not very appetizing for a 4 star hotel. My room faced the road and a truck was in the parking lot. I don't know if the views are better in other rooms. I didn't see bottled water offered either. Most 4 star hotels will have bottles of water for you in the room. The room is bland and very basic. I did not check out the pool, it is indoors or the health area. The hotel itself is not really pretty or scenic, it is bland. The hotel does not feel luxurious at all, it feels run of the mill.

I rated it 4 stars because relative to the area, I think it is one of the best options from what I gather and the staff at the front are friendly and helpful, One of the gals, directed me to a nature park and lake about a 10 minute uber ride away which was a great place to take a walk.

Again, I think the cleaning staff work hard and do a very thorough job and the front desk people are friendly. I think Lodi people are just nice, friendly, people to begin with. Other people in my group stayed at the Hampton Inn.

I ended using UberX to get around and it was cheaper than renting a car for what I had to do. The Uber drivers were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2016

We were staying overnight for a softball tournament. Checked in at 5:00 PM. Rooms were clean and surprisingly large. Got a great rate through the tournament we were in at $119 a night. Total charge, $131 and some change. Imagine my surprise when I saw they had authorized my card for $231. $100 incidental fee for less than a 24 hour stay? We have stayed in multiple hotels where it has been $25..maybe even $50....but not $100. Here it is Tuesday (we checked out Sunday) and the funds still haven't been released. I'm not sure what we could have possibly damaged worth that amount of money. I was not notified when we checked in, but when I called to inquire, they advised me it was on the paper that I signed. I'm an IHG points member and use Holiday Inn a lot, but won't be using this location in the future.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank slee51374
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Dear slee51374,

Thank you for staying with us and for being one of our IHG Rewards Club members. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. However, I regret that the incidental fee negatively affected your overall satisfaction. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment. Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on business and enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and beds were comfortable can't really say the room had anything negative that I can think of. Hot breakfast is basically a standard breakfast. After a week I could've used a little more variety and the biscuits were pretty hard, but saved a lot of time and money having to not hunt for breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2016

The staff were very courteous and accommodating. We have a large family, and they promptly brought us the extra towels and pillows we requested. The room was clean and comfortable. When the dryer wouldn't work, the staff took our load to the house laundry room and dried it for us. The indoor saltwater pool was a special treat. The kids enjoyed being able to swim for as long as they liked without having to worry about sunscreen or sunburn. My only recommendations would be to add a fan in the bathroom to help clear out smells and steam, and to have more gluten-free options in the breakfast menu, such as prepackaged muffins.

Room Tip: The Executive suites can accommodate 6 people with a fold-out sofa bed, making it perfect for large families.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Beth G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lodi, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2016

Dear Rachel B,
Thank you for your review! Happy to hear you and your Family enjoyed your stay! We appreciate the wonderful comments and feedback! Hope to see you back in Lodi soon!
Truly,