See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 28, 2017

More than likely we will not be staying there again unless they are the only dog friendly place in town with an available room. It is not that it is a bad place, the bed was very comfortable, the dryer worked in the laundry, but the inn has seen better days. It is in much need of repair and updates, pretty run down. However, the staff was friendly and helpful. Amenity-wise, it is a step above Motel 6. We stayed for two nights with our 9 year old dalmatian this past weekend as it was within striking distance for a baby shower we attended. Next time we will choose the O’Cairns Inn and Suites next door They are dog friendly, too.

Room Tip: A room facing away from the street is better to reduce traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2017

I filled out a survey and have even sent a detailed letter to RR corporate about this disgusting place. The place was so disgusting I hardly know where to begin. I had room 121. When I checked in and went to my room there was one solitary towel, face cloth and hand towel. I went to the office to get one more bath towel. I also inquired about a hair dryer. They said there should be one in the room, there was not.

There was no place to hang clothes. The rack had been removed from the wall but the bare holes were there where is once was. There was only an overhead light in the main room, nothing beside the bed or the table with the TV. There was no clock. The microwave sounded like a jet engine when it was running.

They have this faux wood flooring and when anyone walked overhead it was very noisy. The floor was filthy. I mopped it with a washcloth and it was totally black. There was a moldy substance around the tub also.

I asked that my room not be cleaned the second day but to my amazement when I got back someone had been in the room. They had removed the towels and left "none". I was outraged, went to the office who told me they had no way of knowing who went in my room and had no towels because they were all in the laundry. The ice machine worked but the soda machine next to it was broken. This place was a D U M P. I paid $90 a night to stay in this miserable place. Please don't waste your money.

Wifi did not work and the TV reception was also lousy, snowy picture. The bed was also terrible. You sat on it and it groaned and it was lumpy. Probably a 15 year old mattress. UGH!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

The room was very outdated most things like microwave was broken. The mini fridge was standing of the rooms tanke. I dont recomend this place att all. Also it have a very humid smäll egen the AC wasn't on

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anders N
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

When we arrived, the rooms were not like the pictures on the internet. The rooms are old, poorly furnished, poorly maintained, and the bed spreads and sheets are dirty. I took pictures of the multiple stained bedspreads that looked as if no one cleaned then recently. Took pictures of the multiple stained sheets. The beds lacked mattress skirts so you could see the stains and spots on the mattresses. The clothes rack was broken ad well. Being thoroughly disgusted I went to the main office where a man named Ron was very cool about changing my room, and apologized for the way the room was. Honestly he was the only pleasant thing about the whole stay. After having to relocate to another room at about 11:30 at night, the next room was a shade better, but not much. Then, come to find out, the toilet stopped working. I checked to make sure the water was on, and in the sink and shower it worked, but the toilet would not refill. At that point I was dpne with the hotel and made plans to address the problem with management in the morning. I got a call from the front desk at about 9 telling me the plumbing was being shut off for like an hour, which was very inconvenient. Lastly, check out was at noon, but the cleaning lady opened my door at 11 telling me the time had been changed, no one called and told me. She was cool about leaving, but the experience left a definite mark. I will never go back to this hotel ever again. It is ran by cheap individuals who try to skirt by by providing a quality name brand with below low standard products. They give Red Roof Inn a bad name. I would find it more understandable if they rented by the hour, but forgot to ask.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Minesh P, Owner at Red Roof Inn Lompoc, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Lompoc, and for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay.

You may not be aware, but this property is under new ownership and management. We recognize there are deficiencies which need to be addressed, and are working as quickly as possible to make necessary improvements.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

I came in with a coupon mid afternoon and was given a room on the 2nd floor.
Room had the basics, bed, chair, table. bath, TV and so on.
I had no problems with the WiFi.
Not sure, if there was an elevator to the 2nd floor.
Place used to be a Super 8 some years back.

What I found a little peculiar, however, was that there were no ligths at the bed! No light switch either.
Well, I have some military training, so I do know how to walk around in the dark without hurting myself, but ...?

Another issue was the fire alarm right ouside! It went off 4-5 times during my stay, incluning late evening. The next morning the receptionist told me, that people smoking in their rooms was the main reason. I did see a lot of smokers walking around oustide in order to grab the next amount of 'not so fresh air'.
Like car rental companies, they should present stiff fines to smokers smoking in non-smoking rooms! Not that it will help, I guess.

Also the water in all plumbing stopped flowing late evening. I detected it at 10, unknown when it came off. It came back on around 11.
Reason unknown, but they did call in profi help.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo