New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lompoc
Santa Clara, California
“Good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

I stayed at this hotel and everybody was extremely helpful, however, on my arrival date I realized they only had one room instead of two rooms reserved. The manager on duty (to whom I spoke directly to make the reservation) was very accommodating but we had to move to different rooms every day and my sister and her husband shared room with my husband and I for one night!!. For the inconveniences and the stress related to move from one room to another I requested to get one free night and their Guest Services manager was plain rude in a very subtle way and insinuated it was my fault!!!! Marivaro

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mhma

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2009

I had always stayed at the more pricey Best Western while in Lompoc, this trip the hotel was booked, so I "settled" for the Express. What a pleasant surprise. From the most courteous desk staff to the evening cookies, to the standard "free breakfast" fare, the "fixings" were fine. The rooms were very tidy(and I'm a clean freak) with no signs of wear. Adequate towels and amenities. A family was enjoying the pool/spa area when we arrived about 10:00 PM, they seemed to be having a great time. Located close to restaurants and the old town.

I'll stay there from now on and pocket the savings from the Best Western.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
SAN DIEGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2009

Two other ladies and myself shared this room as we were vending at the Lompoc Dog Show. In the past we've always stayed at the Days Inn, but this Holiday Inn was a big improvement. We had a nice Jr. Queen suite with 2 beds and a sofabed. The room was spacious, clean, nicely decorated with plenty of room to spread out and feel comfortable. The hotel has two buildings and we were in the back building so it was away from the street and quiet. The beds were comfy, the shower hot, and there was a nice little refrig and microwave which we made good use of. The windows opened which being a fresh air freak, I loved, and it was nice to have an elevator since we were on the second floor and had lots of product to haul in each night. The breakfast was above most hotel breakfasts, including bisquits and gravy, eggs, sausage, hot cinnamon rolls plus, all the other continental breakfast items you would expect.
The front desk gals were very accommodating when we asked them to split the bill 3 ways.
All in all I was impressed with this hotel and will plan to stay here again on my next trip to Lompoc.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2009

It is a basic business hotel, cheap cheerful and clean enough. The carpet in the dressing room/sink area was a bit off putting.

The fact that the penetentiary is next door made me laugh, but we came here at the last minute for the Santa Barabara / Lompoc food and wine festival so I wasn't looking for high class.

It was cheap and available at short notice, so we we re happy.

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
HIEManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lompoc, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
We thank you for your review. I do want to point out however that the photos you posted of the hotel view were incorrectly titled. The Lompoc Penitentiary is miles outside of town...so the RV Lot located behind the hotel is not a parking garage or lot for the Penitintiary. Thank You.
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay following a day driving down the coast from Monterey. Ended booking here due to the unavailability of other hotels in this area, and also due to the high cost of hotels in Santa Barbara.

The drive from Monterey down the coast is fantastic and it was nice to know we could complete this drive with no worries of finding a hotel later (i.e. taking in all the scenery without rushing).

The location of the hotel is about right in terms of a driving day (we included the 17 mile drive prior to leaving Monterey).

Hotel easily found. It had an outdoor pool although we didn't use it others were. Check in no problem and staff very helpful. Room was fine, large with two queen beds.

The only problem we had was associated with the clock radio. The cable had split through the insulation and was effectively live. When moved it tripped the fuse. This could be considered quite dangerous especially if children were about (although the live part of the cable was behind the bed). Hotel staff were genuinely shocked (no pun intended) when I mentioned this and said they would sort this out (hope they did).

Hotel recommended a restaurant down the road, Italian (canot remember the name) and it was very good.

Hotel had a buffet breakfast available. It was ok but nothing special.

If I was in this area again I would definately use it again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Berkhamsted, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

"Why Lompoc" our friends asked, followed rapidly by "where is it"? With our apologies to Lompoc and the local Chamber of Commerce which makes great efforts to promote the area there really is very little to attract holiday makers to the town. However it is very conveniently located if you're traveling up the coast from LA, and the local Holiday Inn Express does everything you expect of the chain; and then a little more.

The rooms were clean and the beds good. The receptionists were welcoming and helpful (particularly when asked to tackle an alarm that went off during the night in a neighbouring room), although I'm still getting over the shock of having to explain that San Francisco was to the north. The free fruit and cookies on arrival were very welcome, the outside swimming pool kept the children occupied for far longer than I would have thought possible and what the locality lacked in tourist attractions it more than made up for with far more useful shops.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jolobean
Encino, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

I join the other reviewers--this is a delightful place to stay. Very neat and clean facility,accomodating staff. Very nice breakfasts and the rooms are more than adequate. Not fancy or opulent, but very basic style and very comfortable beds. You can relax and feel rested staying here. Good for almost anyone or any family. I would say a bargain if you take kids with you.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank PeopleVisitor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
0.7 km away
30.3 km away
Hotel Corque
Hotel Corque
#1 of 10 in Solvang

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lompoc? Share your experiences!