All reviews rooms are small boutique hotel highly recommend the varden continental breakfast gold's gym glass shelf complimentary wine chain hotels convention center european feel no elevator pine street downtown long beach yogurt business trip business traveler enjoyed my stay
Reviewed January 4, 2018

This was my second time to the hotel and I was delighted with the hotel again. Small, personal and relaxing. I would highly recommend to anybody wanting a great location in Long Beach close to pine avenue.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

there were 6 of us who were going to Sky Room in Long Beach for dinner/dancing on New Years Eve...we had never stayed at this hotel and found it absolutely charming...different than your usual boutique hotels...the owners were wonderful and the staff was sensational...small rooms w/ bath but perfect for overnight...they couldn't be more accommodating...truly fun and they helped us figure out where to have breakfast on New Years Day...there is no elevator but stairs are fine and good exercise...large parking lot...full security...

Room tip: we were updated to 3rd floor...and they made sure the 3 of us were next door rooms...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018

I stayed for 10 days at the Varden and had a very good experience. The hotel and the room was bright and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and enjoyed a good shower every morning.
When you are in for a small breakfast, you can serve yourself and if you want something more there are lots of good places close by. The hotel is also very clean.
What I liked the most is the way how the whole staff treats you, very helpful, always kind and ready to show you some good restaurants, the places known by the locals.
So you get wifi, coffee, wine and smiles for free. Great, right!
Marc

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

I've been a frequent guest at the Varden for the past five years and always enjoy a warm welcome back after a long day at work. They've upgraded the rooms with a charging station for devices and you won't find a more tightly made bed except maybe down at the naval base. The mattresses are beyond comfortable and I always have great nights sleep. Kick the chain hotel habit and stay at a local treasure!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2017

All of the hotel staff is so friendly and personable. Not a ton of rooms so they remember you. The breakfast and evening snacks are a nice touch. Evening has free wine, so if you don't like the snacks, have more wine till you do haha. Great location close to the beach. There was a lot of construction in the area but it didn't bother me much. Once its done it will be perfect. The best way I can describe the feel of the hotel room itself is "minimalist". I really liked it, but if that isn't your thing, don't come here expecting some Hilton villa. Overall just a really fantastic experience.

Date of stay: November 2017