All reviews full kitchen basketball court breakfast spread own bathroom parking lot longer stay living area rooms are large orange county first floor sofa bed pool and hot tub free breakfast would definitely stay here again up to date freeway loft
Reviewed December 31, 2017

The physical location leaves something to be desired...adjacent to the 405! Can be quite noisy at times as there are always "idiots" racing either on the freeway or Lakewood. The intersection of Lakewood and Willow must hold the World's Record for the shortest green light on the planet!

Staff are fabulous! This was the ONLY reason I chose to remain. They really went above and beyond in an effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I opted for the "penthouse" which really isn't...it's a single with a loft bed. The room has a fireplace, which was a nice bonus, but it filled the room with the characteristic smoke smell which lingered for days. Hence, it was used only once.

The property is spread out. Suggest requesting a room with your front door right at the curb. My room was upstairs, across the basketball court (which ended up outside my window) and was getting quite the workout. Adjacent to my room, just on the other side of the property line, was a very busy car wash. It was not unusual to come out of my room to several dozen cars lined up awaiting a wash.

Property has a laundry room with adequate number of washers and dryers so no real wait time. Soap is dispensed from units mounted on the wall (I turned it off so I could use my own soap). Laundry room is in the common area with the hot tub and grilling area.

Complimentary breakfast served daily.

Room had a hob with an oven. It was a bit confined, given the large living space, and there was no way to isolate the loft room from the cooking below. Everything in the loft room is exposed to the smells of the cooking below. Downstairs room has double doors which help keep the room isolated.

Exercise room is comprised of the usual cardiac machines with limited free weights.

Parking is provided at the rate of USD $10.00/day. This was something new for me, as I've never had to pay for parking at a Residence Inn. Again, the staff came through and managed to work something out which was beneficial for me. Thanks, Gang!!

Whilst there, ALL the box springs and mattresses were changed (second week of December 2017) as were the doors.

There is a KILLER sushi place (Aburi) right next door!! Had to throw that one in!

Overall, my month-long stay was uneventful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank David S
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

I made a reservation through the Marriott APP and it worked like a champ. This Long Beach Marriott was clean and they provided a great breakfast area and breakfast spread of fresh food! The room was fantastic everything was clean and I will definitely stay here again! Jessica at the front desk was fantastic. Everyone should be that friendly! Keep up the great work!!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed December 6, 2017

This is an average property that is showing its age compared to many other Residence Inns but it is clean, convenient, and reasonably priced. Parking can be hard to come by for checking in if you arrive during busy hours but there is usually someplace to stop. I have stayed at this location a number of times and my experience has been consistent.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms that are across from the lobby/dining room because it can be noisy at times and parking is more difficult there.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Walter O
Mark H, Manager at Residence Inn Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at the hotel. We are thrilled that you have enjoyed the convenience and cleanliness of our hotel! I hope we have the chance to welcome you back sometime in the near future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any additional feedback you'd like to share.
Mark Hammerbeck
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn Long Beach
(562)595-0909

Reviewed November 10, 2017

The rooms are large and have small kitchens for a longer stay than I was having. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. But there are only two floors with no elevator to the second floor. When I travel by myself I don't like to sleep on the first floor. So if was a bit of a hassle to haul my luggage up the stairs and down again. The staff was friendly, helpful, and courteous.

Room Tip: Stairs only to the second floors.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SandyKatsFL
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights attending a wedding. The room was spacious and the property was convenient to the airport. The housekeeper was very accommodating to our needs and helpful when we needed the sofa made down into a bed.
We are Gold Elite members with Marriott and appreciated the room upgrade. We highly recommend this RI for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family