1,368 results
All reviewsheavenly bedconvention centerthe performing arts centerocean blvdwalking distancerestaurant staffself parkvery nice hotelan upgradelos angelesshoreline villagequeen maryparkingconciergeconferencevaletaquarium
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We have booked with the Westin Long Beach for our Annual Corporate Grand Prix event since 1999 and have never been disappointed. It has been so successful that we pre-book the current year for the following year.

Room Tip: Ocean view or City view are both great values.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Desiree C
WestinHotelManager, Hotel Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Thank you for your review. Most importantly, we appreciate your loyalty throughout the years. We look forward to servicing your next event! Be Well.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Had high expectations for this hotel but was pretty disappointed. The only thing that made up for it is that the staff is really nice and that it's in a great location---walking distance to convention center and many restaurants. We stayed here for a trade show at the convention center, and also bc I had a free night stay that was going to expire at the end of the month (see my review from 2008 of the Sheraton in Niagara Falls).

The room is average. They advertise "Heavenly" beds and pillows, but the down-type pillows flattened out, leaving my neck hurting, and the sheets bunched up underneath me. The hair-dryer had this sticky stuff all over it (don't know what it was) so that I didn't want to touch it and used a washcloth to hold it, and we didn't even get a replenishment of soap and shampoo for our second night's stay, even though I left a tip after the first night.

The walls are super thin, which was the main reason for the "worst night" title... our neighbors didn't seem to realize the concept of time, and were in and out of their room (banging the door every time-which we heard loud and clear) so that they could go to the pool- or wherever. I finally fell asleep around 10:30 or 11.. but woke up at 12 midnight to the sound of screaming and horrible, horrible singing (which I thought was coming from the street below or at the worst, a karaoke bar down the street maybe..).. no.. it was coming from the pool. I could see from my window the pool area on the 5th floor, and there were many people swimming and singing at the top of their lungs.. which echoed through the street because of the high buildings. Ugh.. I was miserable. Then I eventually was awakened again when our neighbors decided to return to their room.

I suppose this could happen at any hotel, and I'm not holding a grudge for this against the Westin.. I just hoped that they would have security there to reinforce either pool curfew or noise after-hours, in the very least.

Bottom line, I just expected a little more from this hotel. I've stayed at "economy" hotels before (Best Western, Comfort Inn), and have gotten more for my money, including a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 8th floor in a room facing Elm street-- "nice view of the mountains in the far distance" (optimist)-- "nice view of the parking lot across the street" (sarcastic realist). You can definitely hear loud pool activity from here!
1  Thank CLaw_9

Thank you for sharing the details of your stay.

As we just completed a room renovation which included the addition of new Heavenly Bed products, we are sorry it did not meet your expectations. As a substitution for our feathered down pillows, we do offer foam pillows for guests in need of firmer pillow options.

Bathroom amenities are to always to be replenished when empty. A memo has been sent to our housekeeping department regarding this issue as well as product on the hairdryer in your room.

The pool area closes and is locked promptly at 11pm and security staff monitors the entire hotel for disruptions. It is unfortunate we were not able to contain the noise from the pool area so you could get a proper night’s rest.

We strive to make a travelers stay as comfortable and restful as possible and we apologize for not being able to do so during your stay. As this is an irregular turn of events, we hope this experience does not deter you from choosing us again while you are in Long Beach.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Be well.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in March 2012 and I must admit that it is one of the better starwood hotels in the L.A. area. I was having some issues with my starwood status and one of their staff members - Terence Kelso, not only fixed those issues but also upgraded me to an amazing suite.

The hotel has beautiful interiors and the location has breath-taking views. I loved my stay and would love to return whenever possible

Room Tip: Speak to the front desk about your requirements
Management response:Responded May 23, 2012

Thank you for your kind review! We are happy to hear that one of our associates stepped up to anticipate your needs and resolve any concerns. We look forward to your return. Be Well.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here March 4-6 while attending a conference at the Long Beach conference center directly across the street from the Westin. I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews on tripadvisor, but once we arrived, everything was just as I expect from a Westin brand. Check in was quick and easy and staff was very efficient. We were given a room upgrade as starwood members and the views were beautiful. The room was excellent, and the Heavenly beds are well, Heavenly! Parking was underground below the hotel. We were attending a conference, so we walked most of our stay.

Perfect place to stay for the LB conference center. Also, many restaurants surrounding the hotel, from chain restaurants to little cozy boutique type restaurants. Starbucks just 5 minutes away. The ocean is just about a 10 minute walk, across the street and beyond the conference center. There you will find more restaurants like Dave's BBq, PF Changs, Outback, Island Burgers, California Pizza kitchen. Continue to walk the boardwalk and you'll find a quaint village with more shops and restaurants. Lots of activities in that area. We also grabbed a quick dinner in the Westin's restaurant one night and food was delicious. The waiters and staff were extremely attentive and pleasant.

The Queen Mary is less than 10 minute drive. We drove over to check it out but decided not to take the tour, which cost about $25 pp.

The Westin made our Long Beach stay very enjoyable!

3  Thank AnninAZ
WestinHotelManager, Hotel Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

We appreciate your detailed review of the hotel, service, and location. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were attending a conference. The hotel is conveniently located across from the Long Beach Terrace Theater and close to many restaurants as you had indicated. On your next conference in Long Beach, be sure to make a stop by the Aquarium of the Pacific which just opened a new penguin exhibit! Be Well.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

First off, I am a SPG and particularly Westin fan and I was not disappointed with the Westin Long Beach. I had several meetings in L.A. And found easy access from Long Beach. My room was great and the service was good. Lots to see and do within walking distance of the hotel. We have a work function being held in June at the Long Beach Hilton, but I will be staying at the Westin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
WestinHotelManager, Hotel Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for reviewing us! As a Starwood Preferred Guest, you can earn points while you travel and redeem your points with over 1,000 hotels and resorts. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to your return this Summer. Be Well.