1,368 results
All reviewsheavenly bedconvention centerthe performing arts centerocean blvdwalking distancerestaurant staffself parkvery nice hotelan upgradelos angelesshoreline villagequeen maryparkingconciergeconferencevaletaquarium
Reviewed September 5, 2017

The location of this hotel was my favorite thing about the hotel. It just happened to be close to my meetings, but more importantly, it was a quick walk to Shoreline Village without the huge cost associated with being close to the tourist areas. It was also close to a slew of non-touristy restaurants and bars. The only reason I gave this hotel four stars instead of five -- while I was staying there, the Westin seemed very busy and I didn't quite get the Starwood customer service that I love so much. However, I would absolutely stay here again when I return to Long Beach!

Room Tip: Even a view of the port is a great view!
Reviewed August 31, 2017

I stayed at the Westin for 7 days 3 by myself and the rest with my wife and two kids. The stay was mostly good. The view was fine, the room cleaned well, smelled fine, and the beds were comfy. The elevators were always prompt and the hotel is a short walk to convention centre, the beach and the waterfront. So great location. The staff were very friendly and helpfu.

Cons: $12+ for internet?? really
$25 for parking
Small very small pool. It was quite often too busy. We'd turn around and leave.
All the restaurants in that part of the city are pricey and sit down. If you are looking for a quick meal on the go you've got a walk ahead of you.
The actual beach at long beach is very disappointing. Zero surf, very dirty water and lots and lots of trash. The beach is surrounded by oil rigs and so even the view isn't nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2017

I usually love the Westin that's why we booked this location for a convention stay. Our first room smelled like a swamp so we were moved up to the "preferred" 15th floor. This room smelled slightly better but the tub didn't drain, the handle on the toilet was broken and the AC didn't work well. The staff was nice and refunded our parking fees as compensation for our trouble.

Room Tip: The 6th floor and above with even numbers have a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Westin_Hotel_Manager, Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2017

Dear L774LYruthp,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We would like to apologize for the guestroom related challenges you faced during your recent visit. We understand that this was not the ideal experience you would expect from Westin. We are happy that the team was able to offer compensation for the inconvenience. We are certainly looking into this matters with the support or our housekeeping and engineering teams to rectify the drainage and room scent concerns. Thank you for sharing and for choosing to stay with us.

Best regards,

Michael Singleton
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2017

Every interaction with the staff at the Westin in Ling Beach was a pleasure. The front desk staff made sure I was located away from elevators and ice machine as requested. I wanted a higher floor to be on the same floor with my friend, but the front desk guys said, the view from that room is not as good as your currently assigned room. He was right, my friend had a beautiful parking lot view. I could see the harbor.
Cant tell you a lot about the food in the restaurant, I only did happy hour. But the wait staff was very friendly and prompt. Also indulged me and asked bartender to make a specialty cocktail that I made up.....

Reviewed August 25, 2017

I stayed at the Westin for a couple nights, weekend getaway and our room was not up to what I think of as Westin standards. The room stunk, the pillows were terrible, lumpy and not comfortable. We had dinner at the lobby restaurant and it was just ok. I have stayed at several Westin properties and this one really did not meet my expectations. The hotel absolutely needs updating. Location was good, that was the one redeeming quality.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Westin_Hotel_Manager, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Hi Josi T,

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. Unfortunately, we are incredibly disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. This experience has been noted and immediately addressed by management. If you have any questions or would like to talk more about your experience please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Director of Front Office Operations, Jeff Bonds at 562-499-3306 to discuss further how we can ensure your next stay is a positive experience.

Hotel Management