“Best Empanadas since my last trip to Miami”
Review of Cesar's Bistro

Cesar's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Cesar's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,270 Restaurants in Long Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$17
Cuisines: Latin
Description: Located in the beautiful city of Long Beach, California, we are Cesar's Bistro, also known as "The New Latin American Cuisine." Our specialty is a new model, style, and concept of Latin cuisine Here at Cesar's Bistro we select our ingredients from the best quality. We offer friendly and respectful attention toward our customers and partners; we provide great service in our family-friendly casual atmosphere.
Reviewed November 23, 2016

Seven of us went here for a casual family birthday brunch last weekend. Everyone else in the family had been before, but this was the first time for husband and me.

The atmosphere is casual, but the service is good and the food is outstanding. Rather than ordering an entree, I ordered two beef and potato empanadas as well as sweet plantains. The empanadas were outstanding - the best I have had since my trip to Miami last year. The sweet plantains are usually served topped with cinnamon sugar and sour cream, but I ordered them plain as they are sweet enough on their own. So delicious!

Husband had Classic Colombian Calentao. The best way I can describe it is that it is similar to a Colombian version of fried rice - rice mixed with pork (or chicken), sausage, garbanzo beans, and corn. I had a taste, and it was excellent.

Everyone else raved about their food - from Spanish Tortilla to Quesadilla to Monster Breakfast (which includes Arepa, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Empanada, and more).

The price was VERY reasonable. For 7 of us, the bill was roughly $95 plus tip, and we all walked out full!

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed August 10, 2016

had a special Picnic style meal for 6 on August 4
One diner was born in Cuba..she was impressed
Empanadas awesome...especially the Tropic" and Spicy
YUM
NOT cheap but flavors great
so glad I can walk here
will dine again

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank P-and-A-Belmont
Reviewed July 16, 2016

We chose this place for someplace to get dinner after four of us went to a play at CSULB. It sounded intriguing because it is Latin/Caribbean. It is a little place tucked away in a strip mall, but its humble location is the only thing that is ordinary about it. The food is amazing and the service impeccable. I had pulled pork served on a crispy plantain. It came with rice and a salad. Ordinarily, I don't like rice as an accompaniment, but this rice was mildly seasoned, moist, and I enjoyed every bite of it. The dressing on the salad, which we all had, was excellent. All four of us would definitely return to Cesar's

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank sriley1941
Reviewed May 24, 2016 via mobile

The mix of flavors and chosen ingredients make this place an unique and wonderful experience to try modern fusion Caribbean cuisine.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Its a small bistro but it packs a lot of flavor. From the salmon to the open faced sandwiches to the best lentil soup I've ever had. You cannot go wrong with Cesar's.
Start with the cream cheese -bacon wrapped --jalapeno made to order appetizer---MMMMMMMM So good! Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2016