We just got back from Long Beach and stayed at this hotel, so my feelings about it are still fresh. It's just an average hotel. Nothing special, so you get what you pay for.
Let's start with the pros:
- Good nightly rate
- Lobby is clean
- Breakfast is included
- Free secure parking
- Free WIFI with a decent signal
- Good long list of TV channels, including HBO!
- Air conditioning worked!
Now for the Cons:
- The walls and ceiling feel very thin. We stayed on the 2nd floor (which is the lowest floor despite requesting a higher floor when we booked online) and we could hear every single footstep and door from the room upstairs. It was unbearable at times, and was very disturbing late at night.
- Breakfast was simple. There were eggs and sausage, but nothing was good. Just good enough for a quick bite. The coffee was not very good, and they kept running out of milk every morning around 9:00am.
- There is only one elevator, so expect long waits for it in the morning. We waited 10+min on the morning of checkout because we had luggage. There was no air conditioning in the hall ways, so waiting for the elevator was a very uncomfortable experience.
- The pillows at this hotel were some of the worst I've every slept on. My kids rather sleep with no pillow than use their lumpy and hard pillows. My wife complained of neck pain from their pillows.
- If you are staying here to access attractions in LA or Disneyland, note that it's a long drive to those locations, especially with LA traffic. Expect about 30-40min to Disneyland in the morning, and 40+min to attractions in Los Angeles
- This hotel is close to Long Beach and there are many fast food restaurants around the area.
- Close to the convention centre, but you'll still need to drive or take the Metro.
- The area seems generally safe for families, but we didn't see many pedestrians except for those people waiting at the Metro station across from the hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Best Western Of Long Beach counts with the highest rating in value in the Best Western System. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Of Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Of Long Beach Hotel Long Beach
- Best Western Long Beach
- Long Beach Best Western