1,084 results
All reviews shuttle driver cruise terminal metro station room was clean light rail free shuttle cruise package fridge and microwave yogurt continental breakfast decent hotel parking garage los angeles booked this hotel catalina island convention center one night stay
Reviewed September 2, 2017

On Friday, August 18th, the hotel desk personnel (Dave) refused to provide shuttle transportation from the Long Beach airport to the hotel when we arrived . My husband I called the desk at 4:40 pm and stated we arrived and had our baggage. We made three phone calls attempting to get shuttle service to the hotel as it is explained on the Best Western Long Beach website. (Shuttle service is available until 5 pm) On the first call my husband was placed, he was placed on hold for over 5 minutes before he hung up. The second call, I called and was told, "My shuttle driver went home for the day." I explained that we were expecting transportation as it is posted on the facility website. Dave suggested a taxi, Uber, etc. My husband and I discussed this. On the third phone call, my husband asked if the hotel will pay for the transport. Dave replied, "No." We asked why and he stated that we used a third-party booking site (Bookit.com) and that the priority for transporting passengers were for customers who booked directly with Best Western. At this point, my husband and I obtained transportation to the hotel and discussed it with the front desk. We were told the same explanation. It is important that the information posted on the website fully explain this to customers before they make reservations. If we knew this, we would have selected another hotel that provides shuttle service. (The cancellation policy states that we would be charged if we did not cancel by Thursday, August 17, 2017.) As a result, we will be confirming transportation policies with hotels in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank bradbern57
mikesandhu, Manager at Best Western Of Long Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

I like to apologize for the inconvenience, we are working to improve guest experience and looking into options on how to make the policies a bit more visible for guest to prevent this from affecting future guest, the hotel shuttle hours of operations are from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM based on availability to accomplish this schedule we accept the last call for pick up at 4:30 PM, so the driver can be at hotel by 5:00 PM to honor the last shuttle drop off this is regardless on the channel our guest choose to make reservations, we do not differentiate third party guest from others, we provide same level of service and respect to all of our guest.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Best Western is my "go to" hotel! Whenever I can I look for BW because of their good value and great experience. Having breakfast is definitely a plus! The Long Beach BW has gone "green" and I appreciate them going the extra mile to be efficient and environmentally friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank loridJ5230DH

We are a proud to implement green policies to better our world, we thank you for noticing and letting us know you appreciate the green efforts at the property. We are delighted to know Best Western is your to go chain hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

A nice clean hotel. Good internet, good cable TV, comfy bed, and bedding. The rooms have plenty of electrical plugs for laptops and charging smart phones. The front desk personnel are professional and friendly. The lobby is very nice and welcoming.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tomfineart

Thank you for your review, we enjoy learning about guest experience and how we can improve, we appreciate you recognizing the staff efforts.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in that hotel during a business trip. Rooms were clean and the size of the rooms was quite big. Breakfast was enough and good. I have stayed other hotels in USA but the breakfast was not so good.
Also hotel has a swimming pool. If you want to use it, the area around the swimming pool was fine.
I recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review and recommendation of hotel, we appreciate your time and effort to post this review.

Reviewed August 27, 2017

I originally chose this hotel because it was cheaper than a lot more local hotels which appear to feed off the tourists who embark and disembark from the cruise ships at Long Island. It is also near a stop on the light rail which runs along the centre of the street. You can take a train from LA airport and change to the light rail without any difficult. YThere are also good connections to points of interest in LA such as Hollywood.In the event family members ferried us around so we didn't use the transport systems at all.
I would have given five stars to this Hotel if their foyer area had been a little better. Also, work was being carried out on some floors which we weren't told about. There was no noise factor but the painters were busy when we arrived and had to move stuff out of our way so we, our cases and our retinue could get to our room.
The room was lovely, no view but it was large and containedthe two King beds we asked for. Tea and coffee available; shower was good but over the bath - not suitable for everyone. Breakfast was included in the price. The breakfast room was overseen by two staff members who worked unobtrusively. The tables and breakfast site were extremely clean with immediate response by staff when spillages occurred. Food was good - a hot buffet, large variety of cereals and pastries and even a waffle maker. my partner had a hot breakfast which he enjoyed. It looks as if there is also complimentary afternoon tea available in the foyer - we were not aware of this so perhaps staff can advertise this a bit more.
There is a large underground car park available to guests and also a smaller outside area for visitors. Charges would need to be investigated.
I found all the staff friendly and welcoming and I think if the tired looking foyer was improved it should receive a 'Plus' upgrade from the hotel inspectors. There is heaps of room to give it the grand entry it deserves and could possibly be a welcome treat for the hardworking staff.
All in all, a good hotel, well priced and close to shops, restaurants and transport. Would definitely return.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ScrabbleAustralia

We are exited to know how much you experience while staying with us, we appreciate the level of detail in your review, this will clear perspective for future guest, we are happy to know our staff was able to make your stay a memorable experience we hope to see you again in the near future while you visit Long Beach California.