“"Little Rough around the Edges but An A+ Staff Makes the Stay Pleasurable"”

Quality Inn Long Beach Airport
Ranked #40 of 58 Hotels in Long Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Nice Shuttle from Airport to Inn with Friendly Driver who Insures Comfort as Far as to put an Extra Lift step when Exiting Shuttle:) Front Guest with Knowlegable Staff with Recommendations of Great Food Near By:) Room itself a 50ft Walk on lower level a bit aged but Smelled And Looked Clean just worn with age dinged up in spots:)For a One Nighter to catch a Shuttle to Port not too bad:) Near by Eatery " The Big E Pizza Italian is Right in the Strip next to Inn has Great Selection of Terrific Items from Pizza to Pastas and Cold Brews:):) Fantastic Pizza and Lasagna!!...The Area is kinda industrial and not too many Scenic Sights near but due to not being accumated to the heat it was Just Wonderful to Chillax in Room with Fantastic Great Air-conditioning:):)...Would Say for the Price and Short Stay it will be just Fine:):)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Unquality and unsafe stay at Quality Inn Long Beach. My wife, 3 month old daughter and I booked a room here for what was supposed to be a two night stay. The room had torn up carpet near the bed, pieces of food in the microwave and ants. Upon walking on the carpet, my wife noticed the bottoms of her feet were completely black. This was only the first night. Early the next morning, my wife spotted a BED BUG crawling along the tuck in crease of the mattress covering! This was the bed that my wife, infant daughter and I all slept on! I then opened the drawer by the bed and found two more BED BUGS inside. Right then we decided to leave this unqualified inn of horrors! As we inspected our belongings for BED BUGS and repacked, I happened to look up. It was then that I noticed a clear plastic bag completely covering the smoke detector! If I could see this, then someone on the cleaning or maintenance staff should have also seen it before providing us the room. I reached up and removed the small bag from blocking the smoke detector. As I brought our belongings to our car, I informed several other guests of our experiences with our room. Hopefully they at least checked their belongings. When we where completely removed from our room, I stopped into the front office to check out and inform them of all that we'd found in our room. I also informed the desk agent that we would not be fulfilling our stay. I then spoke with another staff member at the desk about our experience. He informed me that they continually have problems with room 120, our former room. In his words, they could not keep that room problem free but would continue to rent it out. He then told me that it was his responsibility to keep all rooms filled, regardless of their condition. I told him that it showed serious lack of concern for my infant daughter to put us in that reprehensible condition. I also informed him that I would do whatever I could within legal and respectable means to try and make sure that this did not continue to happen to others. There were people standing behind me, waiting to check in and I'm pretty sure that even though I was not yelling but confronting very firmly, everyone in the breakfast area heard what I had to say as well. I will be calling the Better Business Bureau, the hotel manager, the parent company and maybe even the local police department as what this establishment is doing is also not lawful. I'm just a simple guy but I do know how to stand up for what is right and do, I will.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank adventures45
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

This COULD be a nice property, but it needs work! Our room was right behind the adjoining strip center which houses a pizza restaurant and a Subway.....And their dumpsters. Every night we were jolted out of our sleep when the dumpsters were emptied in the wee hours of the morning. The pool area was awful. The pool itself wasn't bad, but there were 6-8 straight back chairs, a couple of tiny tables and 2 torn, funky umbrellas. Not one lounge chair anywhere. Not inviting at all. All the outdoor fences and railings had old, peeling paint and looked like management couldn't care less. The room itself was nice enough, but that is it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Not at all what we expected. The neighborhood is not the best, and the grounds themselves were dirty and unkept. The pool area was not what was pictured and only had a few useable chairs. The hot tub was literally full of green water. We had a couple ants in the tub when we arrived, but work up to an army of them swarming the tub. We ended up leaving earlier than planned to sit and wait at the airport because we felt that was cleaner and more comfortable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa V
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

One single clerk can check in guests, permit individuals to come to the desk to get information, and adjudicate billing queries, but there's no oversight.
My call is very important, I'm assured by the message: I need WiFi to work, and not to walk across the parking lot in 90 degrees to confirm the log in. The WiFi for Quality Inn automatically connected (IP address 10.71.0.23. ) but it's stating No Internet service. Not sufficient staff: unless you allow a message to be left, so she can call back...no sense in doing work here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bugnurse56
Reviewed 17 June 2017

Problems with door locks. Serious problem. I do not want to try 10 times to open the door, and I hate when the room next door has the same problem at midnight .Get it fixed.
Room ok and clean. Small bath. Zink outside. Beds ok. Wifi ok.Breakfast ok. 2 friendly and helpful young people at front desk. Printed boardingcard, as there is no business computer for guests and it is supposed to be an airport hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed here and I regretted it, it was not cleaned at all , bed and towels still had other peoples hair , room was filled with baby cockroaches and adult ones too crawling on the bed , and the remote controller was broken

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple