All reviews indoor pool concierge lounge airport hotel lb airport staff was friendly and helpful very nice hotel workout room staying at this hotel fire pit front desk staff lobby area short drive the room was nice definitely stay here again seal beach common areas comfortable stay
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Hotel is alright, executive lounge is closed at weekends which I hate as a business customer. Housekeeping thought it was acceptable to call at 0845 in the morning to ask when they could clean the room (we were checking out that day) ..... I have no words

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa_Renee_Compain
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Dear Ms. Campain,
Thank you for your review. We apologize that our Housekeeping Associate had to call you that early in the morning on check-out date. I will forward your comments to the appropriate Department for remedial action.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Spent a good deal of time at the Courtyard Long Beach Downtown Hotel located on 500 E. 1st St., Long Beach, CA.
Heading North up the street is the Renaissance Marriott hotel located off 111 E Ocean Boulevard just to point out the two are not to be confused.
Both hotels are only two blocks away from the E. Shoreline Dr., which borders the Pacific ocean and beach. Strongly advise bringing a bathing suit when staying at either of these locations. There are lifeguard stands along the beach that appeared to be occupied if considering a short swim.
The Marriott Long Beach Downtown hotel has got to be among the nicest hotels I've stayed when participating at Dr. Shefali's Evolve Summit.
Upon entry you're greeted by what is a nice open seating area with television, computers and a great view outside of Tilden Boulevard.
On the same floor there are meeting rooms which are occupied at times throughout your stay.
In addition there is a restaurant which has a beautifully built wood frame deck seating area so you may enjoy the locale without having to venture far off from the hotel. The sleeping room has all white linens with decent desk space area, wide screen television, lounge chair, counter top with coffee maker, and a small fridge. Beds are accompanied by a well lit center night table.
I am not really one to judge a place on their bathroom fixtures although if you want new bathroom fixtures you may want to point that out to the person checking you in or specify it if using Marriott's mobile app. Front desk staff is ever present. Very happy with my stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank you for your detailed review and comments on the Courtyard by Marriott which is located in Downtown Long Beach. Unfortunately, our hotel which is the Long Beach Marriott located near the Long Beach Airport cannot take credit for the wonderful experience you received.
We will try to forward your comments to them.

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here overnight recently when in Long Beach for business. I chose this Marriott for the convenience to the airport. Although it looked rather dated as I approached, I was pleasantly surprised by the interior and lobby area. My room on the eighth floor was very comfortable, and the elite members lounge on the seventh floor was very nice and the staff were wonderful. The ground floor restaurant is adequate, but not where you would go for dinner. All in all, a good experience at a very convenient place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and review.
We are glad that you had a wonderful stay. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2017

I stayed at the Marriott Hotel Long Beach in January 2017 for a week-long business seminar. Overall, frankly, it is simply an average, "so-so" hotel to utilize should you happen to find yourself in Long Beach for some reason. By this, I principally mean the physical rooms themselves and the hotel facility itself (the grounds), and the overall ambiance that the hotel imparts. However, the hotel's Front Desk employees were jovial, helpful, and friendly during my stay so this aspect is good.

My room was on the 7th floor, where the special Marriott Members Lounge is located. The hostess guarding its entrance every morning was delightful, sprite, kind, and sweet, whom I bantered with every morning while I made my way to the elevators. I appreciated her compliments to me every morning on how I was dressed.

The prime reason I state that this hotel is average is because whilst the rooms are decent in terms of their size and amenities that they offer you, it is adjacent to the Long Beach Airport with everything that entails. Moreover due to its unchangeable geographic location, you are "trapped" at this hotel if you want to explore other dinner or entertainment options unless you decide to pay to get a taxi or utilize Uber to get around Long Beach. Otherwise, your only choice is to dine at the in-house diner/sports bar/restaurant nestled inside the hotel. I dined in its restaurant twice; the food, ambiance, service is solely adequate. But if you (or a couple) desire to experience something more special or different every night (depending on the length of your stay), then be prepared to utilize Uber or a taxi every time. There is absolutely nothing of consideration around the hotel to consider to frequent, and to access by foot. The hotel is nestled inside a business/industrial park of Long Beach so it is what it is: a business traveller's hotel where you stay inside the hotel's premise the full time.

In Marriott fashion, I appreciated the ability and convenience to "check out" online utilizing the television in the hotel room.

Within this expectation and the aforementioned parameter of business travel use, the Long Beach Marriott is solely average and sufficient.

Room Tip: Take a room on the opposite side of the Long Beach Airport strip. And bring ear plugs for a good sleep,
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and for your extensive review of our hotel. We provide complimentary shuttle within a 3-mile radius of our hotel to include the Long Beach Airport and the Lakewood Shopping Mall & Restaurant Area for guests that would like to sample the flavors of the neighborhood.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Other than wanting t be right next to LGB airport I'm not sure what the attraction would be to this property. Location is lousy if you don't have a car with practically no options for food other than the two overpriced and not so good restaurants at the hotel. The lobby isn't bad but once you exit the elevators the hall ways are dark, and dreary with the wallpaper coming off the walls in some areas. The room is clean however extremely dated and not the caliber of many other Marriotts I have frequented. Even the drapes are not really blackout. As for the ice machines. Many are on their last leg. Ice barely comes out of the second floor machine and it's plain dirty. Doesn't take much to clean the ice room yet it doesn't seem it's a priority for management. Although minor, it's a reflection on the hotel experience. Frankly I'm quite surprised Marriott allows their name on this property. In my opinion is it's not deserved. Sorry

Room Tip: Windows don't conceal noise from the airport so try to pick a room farther away from the runway.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Art R, Director of Sales at Long Beach Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thank you for your review.
We apologize that we did not meet your standards. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate Management Team for improvements.