All reviews the holiday inn shuttle service within miles mile radius free shuttle downtown area cruise port beds were very comfortable an overnight stay late check convention center queen mary parking internet microwave pier pike
Reviewed December 13, 2017

Very friendly and helpful staff. Neighborhood abit sketchy but walking distance to some eateries. Could use some room modernizing. More choices for the restaurant would be a plus. They do have a local shuttle which was nice.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Darla520, Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and shuttle service. We are excited to announce our rooms are being modernized as we speak. We can't wait to show off our new look! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

I had a great experience with my stay. I will have to give another review for the parking but so far great. Hotel was clean, staff were nice and I was 20 min from the beach. The breakfast was different as they don't have the usual fix it yourself foods. You have a little restaurant place that made me a wonderful protein based meal (eggs, veggies & fruit). I was totally impressed. Went for outside exercise and got a really good run on the beach. Good job Hoilday Inn... Oh, now I am waiting for them to take me to the cruise ship as my car will be parked in their underground garage for the week.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Safetyve
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Safetyve, Thank you so much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us prior to heading off on your cruise. We are excited about our new cafe Toast 2 Toast, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. We look forward to seeing you when you get back from the cruise. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

The decor was pleasant. The rooms comfortable and we liked the shuttle service to the downtown restaurants. Very friendly staff also. You must have a package deal to use the shuttle to the Cruise Port.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dan R, Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the the decor, shuttle service, and friendliness of our staff. Thank you again for choosing to book with us, we look forward to seeing you again for your next cruise out of Long Beach.

Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

I had no problem staying here even though I have an injury and needed an ADA room. The room was comfortable and I was well taken care off by all the staff in the restaurant - especially Corina & Gilbert. The hotel even waived their normal parking fee so I could park since I use handicapped parking.

Date of stay: November 2017

Lisa M, Thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that my staff jumped on your request to make sure it was fulfilled. It also brings me great joy to share your kind words with Carina and Gilbert. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Great hotel for the downtown Long Beach area and perfect for a stay prior to a cruise from the Long Beach cruise terminal. The staff is great and the rooms are nice. They also offer to shuttle you to different areas within a few miles of the hotel to see the sites of Long Beach. Great place, great staff and you will not be disappointed.

Room tip: Have not had a bad room? Ask the staff they will help.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
James M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Long Beach (Dwtn Area), responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

j s, Thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We cannot thank you enough for returning to stay with us again, I am so glad you found great consistency in our staff and shuttle services. We hope to see you again the next time you cruise out of Long Beach. Thank you again for staying with us.