“Saturday Brunch”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2016

9a-3p on the weekend you can have breakfast or lunch. We had brunch recently and the classic eggs B was a beautiful foodie hit for my husband. The eggs on top were picture perfect and he nearly licked the plate when done. Myself, the apple crumble french toast had to be tried. It was delicious with fresh maple syrup. The coffee is excellent and the waitress made sure our table had an ample supply. The only disappointment was their lack of fruit choices for those not wanting a heavy meal to start their day. A fruit 'bowl' consisted of small triangle wedges of green melon and then not many of those. Rather a surprise for a restaurant that does so many other dishes so well in composition and presentation. Something to improve upon I guess. Perhaps they will consider a bowl of berries and cantaloupe with an orange whip dollop on top and mint leaf planted like a flag on top of the fluff. That's more what I expected from their creative cooks. Ah well, go and enjoy the generous plates of eggs and french toast instead.

1  Thank Sourdoe2u

Reviewed 21 September 2016

The plant (perennials) selection I found to be a bit limited, however the lovely collection of maples was worth the drive from Sacramento. The coi pond with waterfall was delightful and made for a pleasant place to sit on the benches to watch the fish. Lunch was in a nice, bright setting however service was a bit slow and erratic, even though I waited until after the lunch crush. The tuna melt sandwich was very good and I would like to try some of the other options in the future. I recommend High Hand for the experience, it is more than just your neighborhood nursery!

Reviewed 12 September 2016

The ambiance is wonderful! We enjoyed the Koi pond while waiting for lunch. My salad was fresh and delicious. They were able to accommodate gluten-free needs. Very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Ten of my bible study group had the most wonderful time at this lovely restaurant. Everyone was very happy with their delicious meals. The fish tacos seemed to be the meal of choice with pastrami sandwiches and unique salads running second. The wait staff are quick, efficient & very helpful. We plan to return again at Christmas when the decorations are spectacular.

Reviewed 23 June 2016

I love everything about High Hand. The restaurant is in a lovely setting. The food is really good. The service is good. There is outdoor seating, facing the lovely garden area. There is also a brick over and bar outside, where you can sip and watch the pizza being made. The menu changes with the seasons, and offers a wide selection.

My favorite in late summer is the BLT for lunch. The tomatoes are hand picked from the vegetable garden. I'm hungry just thinking about it! After lunch, its fun to stroll the nursery. They have a wonderful selection of Japanese Maple trees that just add to the ambience, as well as many plants and succulents. Also an inside garden shop. Also some shops and an art gallery. It's my go to place when I'm looking for an experience, not just a meal. I highly recommend it!