“Great lunch, good wine”

The Flower Farm Coffee House
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Loomis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 15, 2017

I really enjoyed getting together with old friends for a terrific lunch and wine tasting. I recommend the veggie lasagna and the soup of the day, a tomato bisque. The place is very attractive and very busy. When I arrived, there were cyclists gathering for a ride, a wedding was getting set up and the cafe and wine tasting room were open for business. So much for a quiet, little corner of the world! What fun!

Reviewed November 13, 2016

How about at the beginning. When we parked, the grape vines just in front of us hadn't been picked - the clusters were just drying out on the vine.

We were about third in line at the order counter. When our turn came, no "Welcome to Flower Farm! What can I get you?" Just a glance, not even eye-high. And it went down hill from there.

For context, my wife and I had enjoyed a lovely lunch here a number of years ago. This is not the same place, quality-wise. We ordered straight menu items - nothing exotic, then waited, and waited. The wait gave me a chance to notice all the deferred maintenance around me. Lucky for me (as my wife wandered the premises) there was a local group entertaining.

And we waited some more. Finally my wife went back to the counter to inquire. Oops, they had lost our [paid-for] order. Later the reason given was, "Sometimes the printer in back doesn't work. That's the way it is."

When our order was finally delivered, roughly 40 minutes after we'd arrived, there was not one word of apology for the delay.

The food itself was appetizing and good. But the place seems really down on its heels. Don't be deceived by the photograph, sorry to say - it goes back a ways.

Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

Kind and professional down to earth folks. There pumpkin field was so sweet and simple made taken my young granddaughter a mem9riable experience , look for there coming Christmas Tree sales to support local charities

Reviewed October 30, 2016

This cafe serves excellent breakfasts, and has a very nice atmosphere. There is also outside seating. The service is outstanding as well.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Flower Farm is a lovely place to stop for a cup of coffee and talk away the hours. The food is a bit expensive but tasty. The service of that food is so slow when it gets busy that it is a bit ridiculous. When it gets busy the line to order takes forever to get through. But the patio is nice to sit on. There is a nursery on site that is poorly run, the plants look water stressed and some are overgrown. Nice little gift shop in the nursery is well stocked with cute things to buy. Also on property is Casque Winery. Their wine is overpriced for the quality.