“Really Bummed Me Out....”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Skyview Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Los Alamos
The Skyview Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Los Alamos B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Really Bummed Me Out....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

I stayed here several months ago and it was fine. However, I left my computer in the room and when I called the next day in a panic, the guy at the front desk said he'd go look for it. He called me right back and said there was no computer there. I left it on the bed and I imagine they clean the room after each guest guest leaves. I called again the next day and still, no one had turned in my computer. I called their corporate office and they said they could do nothing to help me. Needless to say, I was super bummed out. Had a terrible feeling about the whole thing. It was my fault for leaving it in the room of course...but the fact that none of the staff turned it in was hugely disappointing.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leslie_4222

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

I discovered the skyview about 15 years ago when it was much different looking.... It has only gotten better...My husband and I enjoy the motel and the homey feeling we get there. We are planning a trip there next week . This time with our new baby......We cant wait...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jackie1170
Belmont Shore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

stayed May 19 & 20 ,2011
This was our first stay and will stay again
several local bike /Foodie pals recommended this hotel and ALL correct.
This place is like my 1965 restored car.It shows wear but is absolutely clean.
Tip: for "lite' sleepers( like me) ..bring ear plugs cause despite the high up and good distance away from Hwy 101, the area is so quiet that sound carries..and bigg trucks have sound.I was warned of this condition by locals so I had my earplugs and slept like a baby..especially great was that for the very first time in 20 yrs of visiting local wineries and restaurants ..I DID NOT have to drive on hwy 101 after a meal.yay.

Room Tip: Ron Burgundy says : stay classy
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank P-and-A-Belmont
buena park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2011

I will tell you this the managers of the Sky View Motel are the best. I have been working out of town for 4 months & they made my stay up there as close to being @ home as they could, I have nothing but good things to say about my stay there...

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank pusherBuenaPark
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

LOVE the Skyview. Don't be intimidated by it's appearance from the road. The Skyview Motel is the perfect get away place for a wine weekend. We (our group of 6 and sometimes more) stay here everytime we feel a need to leave the LA rat race for a wine weekend. The rooms are clean, there is a small fridge and a coffee maker in each room. They have the whitest towels any of us have ever seen and THICK!! Our last two visits we've taken our dog with us and he loves the place too. Close to wineries, the freeway, grand views from the hilltop, be sure to visit Full of Life Flatbread in Los Alamos for dinner on Saturday. David does all he can to make your visit comfortable and enjoyable. THANKS DAVID!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank markris
santa barbara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2011

We'd stay again--it's very reasonably priced for the location. Views from its little hilltop position are lovely, and there is plenty to do within 15-20 minutes drive. The new manager was helpful and accomodating. We enjoyed breakfast, as part of the rate, overlooking the valley--fresh waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereals, juice and coffee, tea or hot chocolate.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cassismeg
Ventura, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2010

I travel alone to visit friends in the area and feel very safe and comfortable here. Freeway access is close, but it's quiet and private on top of a hill. The owner is very accommodating when it comes to check-in times. This is a big plus when I arrive before the normal hotel check-in time of 3pm. I've stayed here twice and plan on using it as my regular hotel when visiting the area. Much nicer than the budget hotels, but with same or lower rates. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
20.8 km away
Hotel Corque
Hotel Corque
#1 of 10 in Solvang

Been to The Skyview Motel? Share your experiences!