2,414 results
All reviews staples center convention center la live complex nokia theater filling station downtown la grammy museum the ritz lakers game the executive lounge attending an event rooftop pool room service junior suite valet parking lobby bar rooms are spacious
Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

The JW Marriot La Live was a great experience. As soon as you walk in you are blown away, it is very grand. The rooms are nice and clean, bathroom is pretty spacious.

We had breakfast at the hotel, if you are going to eat there go for the buffet. The regular menu prices are too high. With the buffet you can order fresh juice as well as fresh waffles, pancakes, and French toast. It's worth it!

There is a pool on the fourth floor, plus a hot tub. They have towels available for you up there and some cold water to drink! Lots of lounge chairs around.

There are many places to eat around this area, the Yard House which is next door is pretty affordable and good. Also take a stroll to the staples center which is right behind the hotel. There is also a Hertz (car rental) located below the hotel incase you want to rent a car.

All in all, beautiful hotel, wonderful stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicoleecz
Reviewed October 29, 2017

The last time I've stayed in downtown LA there was no LA Live - and not much of a reason to really be in downtown LA. We decided to stay at the JW Marriott at LA Live prior to taking the Amtrak Coast Starlight the following day.

A few days prior to arriving got an email from the hotel from a concierge to help with anything we may need during our stay. Nice touch - kudos!

The LA Live area reminds me more of Las Vegas than LA. Lively, busy and light all night. Luckily we were there on an off-day: nobody playing at the Staples Arena, concerts, etc.

Got a ride share from LAX and took maybe a half-hour to get to this property. The lobby is expansive and modern. Check-in was friendly and efficient.

Room was nicely apportioned and spotless. Our view was looking down over the pedestrian way between the hotel and the Staples Center and Microsoft Theatre. Perfectly quiet.

If I have occasion to stay in downtown LA again I'd certainly return here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vb22
Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

I called ahead to inform the hotel I was coming in for an anniversary, Marvin the Concierge set me up with a nice upgrade to make it super memorable. It was the best one yet. Thank you so much to the JW staff (Danielle at Concierge, girl at the front desk that was working Friday at around 4pm, and Thelma, our wonderful housekeeper.) the property is huge beautiful and easily accessed many of DTLA great nearby restaurants and sights!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

This is the second time I have stayed at this property. Both times, I found the service to be excellent and the location to be perfect for a conference, concert or other event at Staples. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2017

I stayed at the JW Mariott for 5 days during a conference at the LA Conference Center. We were told that LACC was connected to the hotel but when we arrived, we found out that we needed to walk to the location which was not far. That is the conference organizer's fault and not the hotel though but I wanted others to know that they are not actually connected. The staff at the hotel were helpful and friendly. They helped us throughout the trip without being asked. They folks that work there really seem to be happy and their smiles don't seem to be forced or fake which helps you feel much more welcome. The room was lovely and exceptionally clean. I know the room was cleaned thoroughly each day because my items had been moved to vacuum under and clean under which was very much appreciated (I have stayed places where they clean AROUND my things which annoys me). I made sure to leave a tip and a note of appreciation for the person cleaning the room.

The restaurant was lovely. I had a glass of wine at the bar while waiting on friends to arrive. I was able to sit quietly without being bothered and the bartender was very nice and respected my privacy as I read my eBook. The only issue was with another guest getting a little rowdy and loud but the staff quietly addressed the gentleman getting out of control before he became obnoxious. I was so impressed that they assisted him without creating any additional drama.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to others! Any time that I needed a ride, if I asked one of the gentlemen working outside then it was immediately there. They would check to make sure I had everything before getting in the car and help me in to the vehicle, which as a Southern lady, I absolutely love. They arranged for me to take a house car to a restaurant for dinner one night. I did not know the hotel had this service and the gentleman outside explained that it would be no problem since it was a free service. The car service only runs to 8 pm though which meant I needed to find other transportation back which was fine but it would be nice if the car service was extended to 10 or 11 pm.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business