2,413 results
All reviews staples center convention center la live complex nokia theater filling station downtown la grammy museum the ritz lakers game the executive lounge attending an event rooftop pool room service junior suite valet parking lobby bar rooms are spacious
Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

We visited L.A. to see the Rams play and wanted a place nearby to stay and we couldn't have picked a better location! The JW Marriott is gorgeous and is located in the heart to the action across the street from the Staples Center. The lobby is spectacular with a great bar area for drinks and watching sports. The Mixing Room on property has delicious food and drinks with a DJ and dancing on the weekend! For late nighters you can enjoy 24 hour room service! The food was superior with good selections. Coffee of a morning at Illy is excellent. The hotel workout facility is fantastic; it has great cardio equipment and their weight lifting machines are top notch, you will be amazed! The JW is connected to The Ritz Carlton if you want to enjoy spa services. We had a gorgeous room on the 20th floor with spectacular views! I recommend the executive suite and request an end room to capture the view of the city at night. We will stay here every time we travel to L.A. I guarantee you will enjoy!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melody M
Reviewed November 15, 2017

The JW Marriott was the host hotel for a conference I attended. It's been about 15yrs since I was in LA so this was a good time to take advantage and see what's changed downtown since my last visit. I wasn't necessarily blown away by the room I was given however it was clean and had a great view of the Staples Center. The location is great: Many food and entertainment options on site and the lobby bar was cool and modern. In the end, it was a good experience courtesy of my company

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

JW Marriot is an amazing hotel. We have recently returned from our second stay at this hotel. Your hotel’s back door opens right up to the LA Live courtyard with access to restaurants and entertainment and even the Staples
Centre. Imagine swimming in the outdoor pool on the 4th Floor under the neon lights of downtown LA.

Service is very attentive to your needs at the hotel. In particular we would like to mention concierge Joy Wilcox. Her service is warm, friendly and she knows how to treat the customer with care and attention to the finest detail. Thank you Joy for your amazing service. We wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in
Downtown LA.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2017

So let me start with the obvious pros:

- Location is great, lots of good food walking distance from the hotel, Staples Center, Metro etc.

- Staff here is really nice, the valets, the front desk and room service staff were all excellent

- The Executive Lounge is among the best (only beat out by JW in Dubai) breakfast is great, staff here is awesome too and always a good selection of late night snacks too.

Now for the one thing that bothered us...the ROOM! We've stayed at this hotel three times and this was the worst room experience at a Marriott in recent experience. The room was a little dirty on arrival, grapes on the floor and a champagne cork, we arrived a little late and had already unpacked and figured it'd be cleaned the next day. Well it wasn't in fact we stayed three nights and the trash was there during our entire stay. The carpet was noticeably dirty and lacking a thorough cleaning, both of us felt stuffy noses from the carpets.

So please Marriott fix this and this will again be a five star property but until then you do not get your moneys worth at this property.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexhatoum
Jane C, Sr. Administrative Assistant at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge, the amenities and overall service, we regret that your guestroom was not cleaned properly. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the respective department to make sure this is addressed and corrected. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Reviewed November 10, 2017

I've stayed at quite a few JW Marriotts around the country, and this hotel falls at the bottom of the list. If you have a room facing the Staples Center and the Microsoft theater, there is a giant, constantly changing electronic billboard on the side of the connecting Ritz-Carlton that is incredibly annoying. It's several hundred feet high and does nothing but light up intensely and flash. It makes it very difficult to sleep, and it doesn't matter if you close your shades. I was here while there was a Katy Perry concert at the Staples Center and the JW though it would be cool to blast her music in the lobby all day. This is not a 5 star property, and a disappointment as a JW Marriott. Bar prices are ridiculous, even for LA. I felt like I was being gouged the entire time. The one positive thing I will say is that the shower heads are fabulous. It's a quote "luxury"hotel that is trying to be too LA "cool".

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the billboard side.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank A2Member
Jane C, Sr. Administrative Assistant at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you for your honest review. We are terribly sorry that you were not able to have a good night’s rest due to the light. We are working on installing better blackout drapes in the guest rooms. We hope that we will be able to serve you better in the future.