All reviews wolfgang puck the beverly hills hotel la prairie spa dorchester collection swan lake stone canyon heated floors wood burning fireplace sister property moment you arrive room service favorite hotel rain shower beautiful hotel turn down service perfect stay rodeo drive
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed 2 nights as part of a 3 week trip to the US to celebrate my birthday. Hotel Bel-Air was our first point of call and it was a truly wonderful stay. The property is an oasis, with beautiful gardens and a classic Hollywood glamour to it. We stayed in a patio suite and the standard of the room was exceptional. The addition of technology made everything that much easier, especially in-room dining. The bar was great - perfect cocktails and a really good ambience. The service was excellent. After dinner out on our second night, I returned to the room to find a chocolate birthday cake, champagne and rose petals on the bed. The staff had gone above and beyond to make our stay memorable for all the right reasons. There was nothing to fault about this hotel and I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Em-trepid
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Dear Em-trepid,

Thank you for staying at Hotel Bel-Air during your recent trip to the United States. I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay in the Patio suite and you enjoyed our beautiful oasis. It is great to see our staff made such an impression on your stay and helped create a memorable vacation. We hope to see you back at Hotel Bel-Air very soon!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Beautiful & classic high class hotel. The spacey rooms are excellent, full of smart systems (which are easy to use). Bang&Olufsen tv-systems, services via iPad, intelligent lighting and air condition, very good minibar.
The atmosphere is friendly, sophisticated but also cozy. Beautiful garden. Wonderful staff, very caring, very service minded. The food was a bit expensive - though very good taste & quality. Try Bel-Air's own smoothie as part of your breakfast.
I would have liked to try the spa, but I felt it was too expensive (approximately $200-400/treatment).
Lobby, bar, restaurant, garden - everything so beautifully decorated, and once again, super-service everywhere.
Courtesy Car - excellent drivers, excellent service.
Will definetely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Minna V
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

Dear Minna V,

I am delighted you enjoyed the rooms and especially the state of the art technology. Our employees will be very pleased to hear how impressed you were with the service they provided you! Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the food pricing, I will address your comment with the culinary team but please rest assured our ingredients and menus are planned daily and only sourced from the finest local purveyors. We are happy you will be back to visit us again, see you soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stay 2 nights this past weekend. Was booked for 3 nights but my son had an unfortunate accident and we had to check out early. Special recognition goes out to Bruce C. (security) and Catherine L. (reception), who went out of their way to accommodate us!

The hotel is small but the grounds are gorgeous. My children loved the swans. Food can be a bit pricey, but the pancakes are amazing! The staff is well trained, polite, and never intrusive.

The room is decent sized (470 sq feet), very modern, and full of amenities. The electronics could be hard to figure out, but the staff is always willing to help. My wife LOVED the rain shower and the kids liked watching TV while taking a bath. Me? I liked the bathroom floors were warmed!

Overall a great stay, and we are looking forward to going back. This is not the most children friendly resort (small pool, no kids club, but great for couples/romance), though they do go out of their way to accommodate children.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank OCRad
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear OCRad,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am sorry to hear about
your son’s accident but glad everything turned out okay! I am pleased you enjoyed the service and room you were staying in. The heated bathroom floors are always a guest favorite!

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and will be back to visit us, we hope it will be soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We flew over for an appointment at Cedar's and decided to spend the night instead of flying back to Scottsdale so booked one evening. I had booked the Canyon Suite and requested a quiet room. I was a little concerned when we were shown to our room and it was across from the elevator but was assured that it was quiet. The decor of the room is wonderful. There was a small, heated plunge pool with a rather large porch that unfortunately looks at nothing but a neighboring property with a pile of dirt. Shortly thereafter, we heard people coming off of the elevator and the dings from the elevator door. I walked out on the patio and was greeted by three people peering over our rather short wall looking at me on the porch. I decided that the porch was rather useless as a plunge pool as there was no privacy and that I would have to draw the curtains as well. I called the front desk to request another room and was placed on hold for about 3 minutes. It then began to ring again and the concierge picked up. I explained the problem and she told me that someone would call me back. Thirty minutes later, after no returned call (it was around 530pm or so) I called back and was told that my message was never relayed to anyone. I explained the situation and was told that the property was fully booked but that they would see what they could do. Twenty minutes later, I was told that there was a lovely room above the Presidential Suite that was very quiet but did not have a plunge pool. I asked if it still had the fireplace like the room that we were in now and was told that it did. We had to wait for it to be cleaned and about 30 minutes later were taken to this room. It was decorated nicely but was smaller than the room that we had with a very small porch and NO fireplace. At this point, I was frustrated and was thinking that we should have just gone home. I called the front desk again and relayed my frustration in the room being misrepresented to me. I was told that there was another room that had become available and that they would check to see how clean it was since the people had moved out of it. Ironically, it was another Canyon Suite which is what we had originally booked. Apparently, these were return guests who did not like the new design of the room and wanted to original style that they were accustomed to. My husband was really tired of moving, we had both had a long day and had agreed that we would just stay in the room that we had when the front desk called back. Nathanial (the assistant front-desk manager) called me back and assured me that they had a room that we would love and apologized for all of the inconveniences. He personally came and escorted us to our new room which was absolutely beautiful. He had already turned on the fireplace and the suite was exquisite. He also issued us a monetary credit which we used for room service that evening since we were exhausted.
All of the rooms were very well appointed with very modern features including an in-room Ipad for any of your hotel needs as well as to surf the web if you desire. The gentleman who brought our room service was top-notch! In fact, everyone that we encountered at the hotel aside from the initial experience was absolutely wonderful.
The property is a gem.... I do feel that the hotel is in a little bit of an identity crisis at the moment. The hotel was recommended to me by friends who have gone there many times in the past but have not visited since the renovations. There is no longer an "old-school" feel to this as they described to me... it feels much more hipster.
The amazing suite certainly saved the evening for our stay but I do question why I was told that it was a full property and yet I was offered numerous other rooms.....

Room Tip: Apparently the older rooms have more room on the inside and smaller porches and the new canyon suites have much larger decks (although not always with as much privacy as you might desire). The "private pool" is more like a hot tub or plunge pool and there is a gas fireplace on the deck as well.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shannpann
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear shannpann,

Thank you for reviewing you recent stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am extremely concerned to hear of the difficulties you encountered during your visit. I would like to assure you that we have been busy addressing and resolving the concerns raised during your stay and I am confident that you will find Hotel Bel-Air has returned to its usual standards when you next visit us.

I hope your recent stay will not deter you from considering Hotel Bel-Air in the future and I would be most grateful for any opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel. I will personally supervise your reservation and will ensure extra special recognition is given to you.

Once again, please accept my apologies and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Bel-Air.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was a guest there for 4 nights last month. The Hotel has been renovated and is absolutely perfect. They kept the traditional feel but the upgrades have brought the property to the next level. The iconic bar remains and the restaurant was very good. All in all I can't think of a missed opportunity to delight us that was not offered or delivered. The staff was helpful expecially the concierge who went above and beyond with a smile. The spa was supeb as well and I can heartily recommend the couples masage.

Bravo Bel-Air...
Bravo

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravel1_10
Denise F, General Manager at Hotel Bel-Air, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear lovetotravel1_10,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Bel-Air. I am glad you think the new design is absolutely perfect, we agree! It is great to know the service our staff provided you with exceeded your expectations.

The couples massage is a great recommendation, the enclave is truly a spectacular setting! We hope to see you back at Hotel Bel-Air in the near future.