“3rd Stay - Still Awesome”
Review of Dresden B&B

Dresden B&B
Ranked #9 of 90 Los Angeles B&B and Inns
Swindon, United Kingdom
“3rd Stay - Still Awesome”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

As an aspiring actor I come to L.A as often as I can both for inspiration and networking. I always, and will always, stay with Dresden as she has always made my stay the very best it could be.

The house is still as comfortable and welcoming as it ever was and i'm always being shown around and advised of places to visit. This last time I was taken to a Baseball game :) I love the fact that I'm taken to places where I can feel almost unique as a British guy, as sometimes the touristy areas get a little bit too much for me...

If anyone is looking for somewhere to stay long term, this comes highly recommended. I will be looking at doing 3 or 4 weeks myself sometime in 2013 and it's nice to know that the accommodation is already sorted :)

So to sum up - Love the house, love Dresden, love her friends, love the area, love the US...Stay number 4 won't be far off :)

Thank you again for everything!

Angel

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Angel_Lawson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I was only passing through Los Angeles on my way back from New Zealand to the UK and only had a couple of days in town. Thanks to Dresden I had a wonderful time and saw a lot in my brief time there. The house is great, it is in a great location, it has parking, etc, but the best thing must be staying with Dresden (and her dog Bo). She made me feel like I was visiting a relative rather than staying in a random B&B in a city I had never been to. She took the time to draw me maps and explain exactly what was best to see, where to park, where to go for a drink, etc. She also gave me her mobile phone (as mine did not have a US card in it) so I could call in case I was feeling threatened walking back alone in the night. And when I returned from my evening out to Hollywood Boulevard we sat in the living room and had a nice chat until we decided that it really was time to go to bed if I wanted to see all the things I wanted to see the next day. I will have to come back to Los Angeles to see more of this great place, and I will definitely stay with Dresden again! Thanks :)

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Heike K
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

As a young couple from England of only 19 years old we were very aprihensive of going away to LA.
On the run up to our stay, Dresden (the owner) kept me updated via email arranging arival times and helping me with directions.
When we arrived we were greeted by a HUGE smile and a hug and big hello from her dog BO.

Staying with Dresden was the best decision we made! We could come and go as we pleased and she would suggest all sorts of sights and days out. If there was any thing Dresden wasn't sure about she had a bundle of tourist information leaflets for us to look through and borrow.

DRESDENS B&B IS IN AN AMAZING LOCATION! Only a short walk to Hollywood blvd and sunset strip and every thing els is accessible via the buses such as Universal Studios, Santa Monica, The farmers market and The grove.

We really couldn't have stayed any where better than Dresden especially considering the great price (as students we were on a extreme budget!) and the location!

I would recommend staying with Dresden to any one who is going LA.
And am extremely greatful for her warm and kind heart.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Ezmily
Zelem - Belgium
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We were so happy to stay with Dresden and her little dog Bo. It was the perfect end for our trip on Route 66. Dresden is very kind and helpful and told us the best places to visit in LA. When we come back to LA we will definitely stay with her again. De B&B is clean and idealy situated close to Hollywood boulaverd in a quite street between Hollywoord boulevard and sunset boulevard.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Iris652
Las Vegas NV
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I'm so happy that I was able to stay here for my vacation. Dresden is a terrific woman who is so kind and helpful! (And I loved her little dog, Bo, too). She told me the best places to visit and she really went out of her way just so I could have a great experience. When I come back to LA I will definitely be staying with her again! By the way, this bed and breakfast is wonderful for short-term trips or long-term trips.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank vegas_aces_website
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've stayed in many B&Bs all over the world, and Dresden's is my favorite by far. You have the advantage of a wonderfully clean, comfortable, and welcoming place to stay and a great central location. I have stayed with Dresden twice now and can't imagine staying anywhere else on my frequent trips to LA. Dresden's is also far less expensive than any hotel - and I've stayed in many in the LA area. You are close to Hollywood Blvd and the Sunset Strip, and if you enjoy hiking, you are right at the base of Runyon Canyon. You are also close to The Grove and LACMA and the Hollywood Bowl. The neighbourhood is lovely and the neighbours will also make you feel welcome.
There is ample parking on the street - which is free - and free wifi - with a great connection. While breakfast is not included, you can use the kitchen or visit the multitude of lovely cafes that are within close proximity.
Dresden is a wealth of information on things to do and see in LA, and you have the added benefit of Beau, her little dog, if you are missing your four-legged family members from home. Both times I've stayed, my stay has overlapped a bit with other travellers and they were repeat visitors too. I don't think anything can speak to what a wonderful place to stay more than the fact that we all keep coming back!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Lisa M
Sydney
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Our recent stay at Dresden's B&B was an absolute pleasure. While we were initially a little hesitant about staying in an such a small establishment - the B&B is simply a room in the owner's house and the bathroom is shared with the owner, we really had nothing to worry about. Dresden is very friendly and helpful and her little dog is delightful. The bedroom is clean and well-equipped, the bed is very comfortable and the window opens. There is adequate storage for bags. The bathroom is good and the water pressure in the shower is excellent. While this is called a B&B, breakfast is not in fact offered. However, guests have full access to the kitchen, the dining and living room. There is a supermarket where breakfast provisions can be purchased about ten minutes walk away.

A great aspect of Dresden B&B is its location. The street on which it is located runs between Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard and is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre. If you don't want to use a car, there is a Metro station near the Kodak Theatre at Hollyood and Hyland (Universal Studios is one metro stop away) and buses run along Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard.

This is a surburban home. It is charming and comfortable, although not luxurious. Staying here may not suit all travellers, but it suited us perfectly. We were made to feel welcome and given all the advice and assistance we needed. We would not hesitate to stay with Dresden again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple