“Authentic!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Neighbourhood: North Hollywood
Neighbourhood: North Hollywood
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

A great place for quality authentic lebanese food at a somewhat moderate price.
A nice small family owned establishment with great customer service. The Chicken Kabob plate is my go to fav but plenty of really tasty salads as well. Popular with locals.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff and excellent lebanese cuisine for a reasonable price. Absolute gem! Portions are huge and everything seemed freshly made.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

This place is easy to overlook in the back corners of a strip mall and there is very little parking in the lot, but the food and service made up for it. The owner (?) was very attentive and made sure we had everything we wanted and needed. He was very personable and ready with on point recommendations. The baklava was delightful at the end of our meal. I would visit again next time I am in town.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed November 22, 2015

I was glad to find Skaf's other location though I had to park in the street as the strip mall was just that small...this is the same chain as the one in Glendale, which was on my list of places to try. Glad I found this one as my appointment was in this neighborhood. The owner is more than hospitable and the food was on point. The prices were what you expected for Lebanese/Mediterranean food but it is quality and you can't go wrong. Would try again, but likely at their Glendale location because it is closer to me.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed February 7, 2015

We just visited for the first time. I don't give out Wow's easily but WOW!!!. It is funny how you never visit places that are practically in your back yard. We finally took a friend there to try it. Have heard great reviews from our neighbors. Absolutely will be back. The service was unlike any place we have been in a long time. The owner chatted with us for a while. The person that waited on us, hearing it was our first time, offered to put together a sampler of their best. Not being familiar with Lebanese fair we said "go for it". If I say "Awesome" I truly mean it and you can check out my other reviews. I rarely have said awesome but I must for Skaf's.
OK. It is a small corner of a strip mall and parking is sometimes difficult although there is a lot next-door on Laurel Cyn. Whatever you have to do it is worth it.
A little tip. shhhh! don't tell anyone :) They don't have a liqueur license, but if you bring a bottle of wine with you. No charge. I sure will next time.

Date of visit: February 2015