“Nothing Special”

Ranked #77 of 553 things to do in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens opened on November 28, 1966. The Zoo is home to more than 1,100 mammals, birds, amphibians and reptiles representing more than 250 different species of which 29 are endangered. In addition, the Zoo’s botanical collection comprises several planted gardens and over 800 different plant species with over 7,400 individual plants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I find the zoo borderline as far as the way its maintained.
Needs to be remodeled.
This is The Los Angles Zoo, should be better.
Not really that much for young kids to do, it's average.
Worse thing I went with my grandson, and my daughter, and was there 30 minutes in front area of Zoo when I got my wallet either stolen out of my backpack, or it fell out.Missing after coming out of crowded bathroom at entrance of Zoo.
My 150 dollars gone. My wallet returned, the next day, obviously my money was gone. What happened remains a mystery.
But I talk to someone else who had the same experience.
Also now you pay for parking on weekends, and it's very crowded, I recommend you go, weekdays early.

All reviews
"griffith park"
in 28 reviews
"school groups"
in 7 reviews
"a great place to spend"
in 8 reviews
in 16 reviews
"hilly"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I've been going to the LA Zoo for as long as I can remember, and its one of my favorite places to visit. You're able to see a wide variety of animals, the food is great, and parking usually isn't too big of an issue. Be sure to bring tennis shoes, water, and a hat as it does get quite warm and its an all-day activity. Would definitely recommend this place!

2  Thank megmcmuffinn
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

They charge $21 for adult admission and $16 for kids. For that, I expect a zoo that has large enough areas to House its animals, and this zoo lacks that. A snow leopard and tigers need more room

Did get to see a Joey and baby flamingos

Reviewed March 13, 2018

The appeal here were the Koala Bears. The zoo itself is easy enough to walk around, hilly, but compact enough. We were able to see all the animals. It wasn't very busy during our visit so we could spend as much time as we wanted at each enclosure. The Koalas were not easy to spot but we eventually found them and even managed to get pictures. Food from the restaurant by the gift shop was a touch pricey but the portions were huge. I don't think the zoo is extortionately priced for entrance when compared with the price of a trip to the zoo in the UK. The kids loved it. Overall, pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Emma C