Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
from US$84.00
More Info
from US$72.00
More Info
All reviews elephant exhibit bird show animals seem wide variety of animals exotic animals griffith park school groups a great place to spend on display elephants lair exhibits flamingos habitat amphibians lion carousel
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I find the zoo borderline as far as the way its maintained.
Needs to be remodeled.
This is The Los Angles Zoo, should be better.
Not really that much for young kids to do, it's average.
Worse thing I went with my grandson, and my daughter, and was there 30 minutes in front area of Zoo when I got my wallet either stolen out of my backpack, or it fell out.Missing after coming out of crowded bathroom at entrance of Zoo.
My 150 dollars gone. My wallet returned, the next day, obviously my money was gone. What happened remains a mystery.
But I talk to someone else who had the same experience.
Also now you pay for parking on weekends, and it's very crowded, I recommend you go, weekdays early.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

I've been going to the LA Zoo for as long as I can remember, and its one of my favorite places to visit. You're able to see a wide variety of animals, the food is great, and parking usually isn't too big of an issue. Be sure to bring tennis shoes, water, and a hat as it does get quite warm and its an all-day activity. Would definitely recommend this place!

2  Thank megmcmuffinn
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

They charge $21 for adult admission and $16 for kids. For that, I expect a zoo that has large enough areas to House its animals, and this zoo lacks that. A snow leopard and tigers need more room

Did get to see a Joey and baby flamingos

Reviewed March 13, 2018

The appeal here were the Koala Bears. The zoo itself is easy enough to walk around, hilly, but compact enough. We were able to see all the animals. It wasn't very busy during our visit so we could spend as much time as we wanted at each enclosure. The Koalas were not easy to spot but we eventually found them and even managed to get pictures. Food from the restaurant by the gift shop was a touch pricey but the portions were huge. I don't think the zoo is extortionately priced for entrance when compared with the price of a trip to the zoo in the UK. The kids loved it. Overall, pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Emma C
Reviewed March 7, 2018

I usually try to visit the zoo in the city I am in. This zoo had quite a variety of animals and exhibits. The zoo is hilly but, makes for a great walk. It takes about 4 hours to go through the zoo and I thoroughly enjoyed the Tasmanian Devils and Kangaroos. I cannot see what everyone complains about...It was a great day and afterwards we drove to the Griffith Observatory for the sunset.