“Not worth the money”

Hollywood VIP Hotel
Ranked #184 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 February 2015 via mobile

Hotel is under renovation, unfortunately nowhere mentioned on the website!
Room not just not clean it was simply disgusting. You get ignored by staff and management. Location is perfect but the hotel not worth the money. Deeply disappointed and will not return for sure!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Messerli T

Reviewed 23 December 2014

This place looks like a haunted house. Very scary,dirty,smells,gross and not taken care of at all. Trust me DO NOT STAT HERE!!!!!Go and check it out before you pay anything because once your see it you will want to go running for your life!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2014
10  Thank Rdiazz
Reviewed 20 December 2014 via mobile

They are currently doing construction work at the hotel upgrading the rooms, reseption etc. This meant that there where holes in the roofs and walls, furniture placed all over the hallways and the whole hotel was covered in dust. It's probably the worst looking hotell I have spent a night in. On the upside, the rooms were ok, so we got a good night of sleep, but don't expect anything more than that.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Ole E
Reviewed 19 December 2014

You can't really ask for a more convenient location in Hollywood. Literally a 1 minute walk to Hollywood Blvd., The Hollywood/Highland Shopping Mall and Dolby (formerly Kodak) Theater, the sleek, modern Red Line, LA's Metropolitan Subway system, and Chinese Theater.
This is a moderately priced, historic hotel, currently undergoing a complete renovation of their guest rooms with a contemporary flair, that now brings you all the conveniences the 21st century. Wi-Fi is free, and the signal was solid and fast! Also, there were PLENTY of electrical outlets, strategically placed throughout the room. There was a small refrigerator, amazing shower, and the staff were courteous and friendly.
This is one of the better values in Hollywood, you really would have a hard time finding more "bang for your buck" in this city filled with a whole lot of dirty, inhospitable lodgings demanding higher prices for lower quality accommodations.
I'm looking forward to staying here again when I return to LA at the end of the month.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2014

I reserved a night (Nov 24th, 2014) at Hollywood Liberty Hotel through Expedia. I just wanted a safe clean but cheap place at a walking distance from Hollywood Blvd. I did not go for an apartment in the same price range because there was a review on it saying dangerous people hang around it.

We drew there from Las Vegas and reached around 4 p.m. When I entered the 'lobby' all i could see was a junk yard. I went out to reconfirm the name matches to where I go. The person at the lobby was very understanding, even before I say anything he said the hotel was being renovated. I was given the option of visiting the room and decide if I wanted to stay. I agreed and went through narrow run down corridors to get to a second floor room. It was spacious but dirty and falling apart - not suitable for our i year infant even to visit. I declined to stay and he said we were fine as I had chosen to make the payment in person - had not made the payment through Expedia. Expedia advertisement on the property had no mention about the renovation or any such thing. You would only be surprised.

We were left with finding a room for the night right there after a 4-hour drive with an infant. But I was at least happy the hotel person acted reasonably.

However, the biggest surprise was when I checked my creditcard statement on Dec 12th, Liberty hotel had posted charge for a full night stay on 5th Dec!!! The transaction description said that I made the payment in person! I only had given my creditcard information to Expedia for making the reservation. I did not even take it out at the hotel in-person! They tried to sneak in the charge into my creditcard assuming I will not notice it. I was so lucky it by accident.

I called the hotel rightaway - it was 9.30p.m. in their local time and the guy, who answered the phone, said the manager will come in the morning and asked me to call then! I did not want to waste any more time on these crooks, I called my bank and disputed the charge.

These people are thieves! Also, liars to hide their true situation on Expedia. I will complain to Expedia as well. Do not spoil your otherwise fun time by dealing with these time wasters.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank RanilB5
Reviewed 7 December 2014

I was there on November 2014 i had reservation for 4 nights but i evaded after the first night immediately .Their website photos are a big lie and these good reviews are fakes and another lie !!! I got to this trashy place and in the first look i found the drug addicted people in the hotel( actually it is not a hotel but it is just a trashy place to just not sleep out) even at front desk . The common areas are run down and trashy. The room I got reeked of animal urine and felt like a gross damp basement. the room really was pigsty. very dirty, un organised , with a bad smell, the window was full of black dust and the left of drug ,The sheets were stained and very dirty . the towels were in black color and full of other's hair . The place was so terrible that for the first time in my life .I went to the front desk and informed them that i am leaving the hotel and requested for refund .that junky boy at front desk told me after 2 days the money will be refund in my account but after one month it is not refunded yet !!!! Also this place is very unsafe .it is really an awful nightmare . it doesn't worth even one star.

THIS TRASH PLACE AND THE PEOPLE THAT WORK THERE ARE TERRIBLE!!! I can't warn you enough. Don't get fooled into paying for this hotel like I did!!!

• Stayed: November 2014
7  Thank Prettyboy0099
Reviewed 25 November 2014

This hotel is not so bad. It has free wifi and free breakfast. It is the cheapest place in such a prime location and if you get a renovated room it is totally worth it!
The key to getting a good room is showing up early ;)
The front desk staff work really hard and they are very friendly. People should ease up on this place. What can you expect for this price in the middle of Hollywood?
Overall we had a great experience here and we will definitely be back! =)

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room upon check in