3,825 results
All reviews daily grill restaurant heavenly bed century blvd taco bell starbucks coffee manhattan beach an early flight self parking free shuttle shuttle service rental car the club lounge santa monica lobby runway conference stopover
Reviewed June 9, 2018

The Westin is big, pleasant to look at, comfortable, but some how still falls short. During my check-in and check-out, I waited in line for quite a long time. People who had up-grades and special privileges got first service and I was made to feel like an underclassmen. Didn't realize that they get you on parking either way. Valet cost's $45 and self-parking cost $40. There is no complimentary breakfast and the rooms are very small and don't come with a mini-fridge (only on request) or microwave. Here's my quick overview: Pros - comfortable, decent price, close to food and shops, nice lobby and restaurant, very clean. Cons - you pay for parking either way, rooms and parking is tight and small, no mini-fridges or microwaves, you may or may not receive attentive and polite customer service if you don't look like/or have the privileges of "somebody". Just be ready to spend more than what you expected. I wanted to have a better experience!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Larry E
Brad S, Front Office Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Let me begin by thanking you for giving me the opportunity to meet with you this morning. I appreciate your constructive feedback and detail information about your experience at the hotel. I know there are many hotels to select from and our hotel was your choice.

I would like to offer my sincere apology regarding your less than perfect experience and overall concern with hotel services during your recent stay. I will make sure to speak with my leadership team about your experience.

Thank you again for meeting with me us and allowing me the opportunity to address your concerns.

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is part of the Starwood stable, it is conveniently located close to LAX & offers guests a 24/7 free shuttle service.
Having stayed here on many occasions I can attest to the well appointed rooms, Restaurant & Bar. The food served in the former is of excellent quality & there are a wide variety of options available.
Platinum members have access to the Club lounge on the 12th floor which serves a continental breakfast & evening drinks & canapés during the week.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I've stayed a number of times at this hotel for work, and can honestly say it is one of the worst I have stayed in. The hotel itself is nice, the lobby, bar/restaurant, poolside and rooms are all good, but the details let the hotel down massively.

Check-in often takes FOREVER! There will usually be three members of staff behind the desk, all staring blankly at the same screen, they don't seem able to check-in a customer each, have to do it in teams.

On more than one occasion I have been allocated a room that already has someone residing, or even another member of my party has been given at the same time! I have also travelled with people who have been the unfortunate ones to have someone walk into their room whilst in bed/shower, when rooms have been mis-allocated! Really poor!

Rooms themselves are ok, but the duvets need burning. On occasion I have been lucky and receive newer bedding, but sadly most of the time it has been a disgrace. The duvets may have been feather once upon a time, but now many of them are just outer sheets with lumps of brown crud inside. The old feathers bunched up in corners. Often disgusting brown colours, not what you want to see when you pull back the sheets. I've taken these to reception before but nothing was done. One colleague actually found dog hairs on his bedding, looked as if the dog had been in the bed with him!

No keycard access to lifts/floors, meaning anyone can be wandering around inside this vast hotel.

A colleague had her room broken into, and her bag removed which had inside her Macbook, passport, money. The hotel advised that the room had been accessed by someone with a keycard, meaning a member of staff. The police were not called by the hotel, nor did they do anything to support the victim.

Pool area would be nice enough, if local kids weren't able to just wander in after school. No security, open access to members of the public. There is also a homeless guy who comes in regularly. I feel for him, but it is not appropriate for the hotel to allow this. Some teens were smoking weed in the hot tub, this was reported to security but they did nothing.

There is very little in the way of amenities near the hotel, a Taco Bell opposite, McDonalds just down the road and a small Thai takeaway. Gas station not too far off, but that's it in the way of anything! It's not a pleasant area to be walking around in at night, so you are limited to the above or hotel restaurant.

The breakfast in the hotel is not great, mostly fried, a couple of yoghurt/fruit options but not great quality at all.

Food in the main restaurant is surprisingly good, good sized portions and a decent selection on offer.

Things the hotel should consider:

Keycard access to all floors, poolside areas etc.
New duvets
Security that actually care and act when incidents are reported
Check-in staff who are capable of working alone
Better quality breakfast

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank apricot_brandy
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Despite the low ratings I stayed at the Westin LAX, because it was walking distance from my rental car drop-off.
I will not return. My main issue is the rooms are very noisy. It’s not a good place to sleep.

On check in I asked for a quiet room. I was put in the front of the hotel, on the busy Century Blvd. I heard racing, motorcycles and traffic until early morning.
I suspect the check in staff put me in front due to customer complaints about the noisy dog kennel behind the hotel.
Single-pane glass on a busy street is substandard for a 4 star hotel.
Warning to those who don’t want to stay in a room where dogs have lived - dogs are allowed in this hotel!
I’m disappointed in Starwood lately. I’ve been a member for over 20 years. I’ve seen a decline in a few of their brands, like Westin and Sheraton. The airport Westin is more like 3 star, in my opinion.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Brad S, Manager at The Westin Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Let me begin by thanking you for selecting Westin Los Angeles Airport as your select hotel during your travels to Los Angeles. I know there are many hotels to select from and our hotel was your choice. I would like to take a moment to thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent experience.

I would like to offer my sincere apology regarding your less than perfect experience and overall concern with condition of the guest room and also overall noise concerns during your stay.. I completely understand your frustration and I feel extremely embarrassed about the situation. We truly appreciate your Patronage and loyalty to the Westin brand and I will make sure to speak with leadership committee team about your experience.

I will make sure to update your profile and make we take better care of you and block your room properly for all future visits.

Once again my accept my sincere apologies regarding your recent experience at Westin Los Angeles Airport. Please Keep my email address on file and feel free to contact me at your leisure if you are in need of additional assistance for any future reservations.
Thank you again for contacting us and allowing me the opportunity to rectify this incident

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Start to finish a great property.

Beginning with valet service, we were impressed by the kindness and helpfulness of the parking management team.

The front desk welcome was super friendly. Not just the normal pleasantries, but rather a conversation about real things between real people.

Our room was beautiful. A large room length desk that had more than enough room for a workspace, the coffee maker and the television. There is a fridge in the room, but FYI, the fridge has a note that it does not keep things super cold (it's one of those old school pay by use mini bar fridges) so you can request a real fridge for free on a first come first served basis once you've made your reservation. The bathroom had a fantastic rain shower head and the expected amenities. The view toward the airport was really cool and surprisingly not that noisy.

We did utilize room service for dinner. While the ordering experience and the server that delivered our food were both outstanding, the food was just ok. Service charges and tip included we spent just north of $70 and for the money, you might find more value and slightly better food elsewhere on Century Blvd.

This place (for the money) can't be beat for near LAX stays.

Room Tip: Airport views are really fun to watch at night!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business