All reviewszen roomevery morningparking is tightoff street parkinggrapefruit treecompact carlonger stayliving roommy home away from homeroom was cleansitting areaboutique hotellocation is greatwould definitely stay here againstayed nightssupermarkethollywood
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I, and another couple stayed with Dougald and Erika at Hollywood Pensione for 4 nights in Oct/Nov and what a wonderful experience it was. Our flight arrived in LA at 7am so we arrived several hours before check-in yet we were welcomed at 9am and shown to our room immediately. The house was tastefully decorated, very clean and well maintained. Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable. Free wi-fi, washer/dryer, kitchen and free landline phone calls was also an added bonus.

Hollywood Pensione is within easy walking distance to Hollywood Blvd, Walk of Fame, Metro, restaurants, shops and a supermarket without being right in the hustle and bustle of town.

We woke to fresh baked pastries each morning and on our final day, Dougald and Ruby went to the effort of baking us an Australian flag pastry which was delicious!

We had a fantastic time in the USA and during our 3 weeks and many different hotel stays, no other hotel compared to Hollywood Pensione.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Carolyn D
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The hosts are excellent - helpful and not intrusive. They provide a breakfast of pastries and fruit every morning. The place is spacious and decked out well. almost every amenity is provided. They even supplied ear plugs in the bed side table drawers. I sleep with ear plugs in normally so I don't mind but other visitors who aren't sound sleepers may want to use those ear plugs because there can be a lot of street noise sometimes which includes the sound of helicopters overhead.

The ONLY gripe I have is that the bed that we are using is very firm and we are not used to the hardness.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Diana F
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm not a Hollywood type guy. I don't do nightlife or any of that. I just wanted a good value near LA. I found it here. The room was clean, the location was as quiet as can be explected and the area was safe to walk to restaurants and the grocery store. There was a freshly made starter breakfast ready in the morning. You'll also enjoy the driving exam as you navigate the narrow driveway!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scott C
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My mother and I stayed at the Hollywood Pensione for 4 days, 5 nights. I've stayed at the Palihouse and Palihotel before and this place is my new favorite! Dougald was incredibly friendly and informative. He even sat with my mother in the kitchen talking about the history of his house and the area for almost an hour one morning! He made breakfast every morning, oh wow, it came up warm and the fruit was so fresh. Delicious! It's fairly central, walking distance to grocery stores, wine shops, coffee shops. Rooms were very nice. Your own air conditioning unit and a large fan. Sheets were AMAZING (he told us they were bamboo) and bed's were so comfy. It was hard to get up in the morning! Like I said, this is the best place in Hollywood, we'll definitely be back!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2012

First off I would classify this "hotel" as a Bed & Breakfast and not a hotel as such. That aside we had a great time here, the location is excellent in a nice quiet and safe area with easy access to the main hollywood attractions. We did not have a car and still got everywhere we wanted either walking or using various public transport which are all close by.

The room was large, comfortable and clean. Use of the shared areas (kitchen, balcony & lounge) was great. Overall the place is clean and tidy but showing some signs of wear. The hospitality and provided breakfast was also excellent.

For the price and the location you certainly can't beat this place. I highly recommend and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Bamboo room we stayed in is the best of the 3 rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple