All reviews every morning parking is tight off street parking grapefruit tree compact car living room my home away from home room was clean sitting area boutique hotel location is great would definitely stay here again supermarket hollywood comfort neighborhood driveway
Reviewed November 6, 2015 via mobile

New owner new management

Gaile ist extreemly helpfull and friendly. Even though the theme of the B&B will be changed early 2016 we found this place spotless clean.
Hollywood pensione is in walking distance to Hollywood boulevard and there are Shops around the corner. This is helpfull in case you like to use the kitchen for cooking.

Thx again for the hospitallity, Ohr expectations have been matched perfectly.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank thomasundsilvia
Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

-Excellent location within walking distance of Hollywood sign/Griffith Observatory/restaurants/supermarket and public transport
-very comfortable rooms and good washroom facilities
-Dougald the host is delightful, baking fresh goods along with fresh fruit for breakfast, leaving you chocolates on the pillow and sparkling wine in the fridge as well as going out of his way (eg researching 4th July in LA celebrations! And going out to buy us more of our favorite tea) for his guests
-wifi is good and parking available if you need.

Cant recommend enough would definetly return when in LA!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank btr24
Reviewed July 5, 2015

I cannot say enough great things about our stay at the Hollywood Pensione. My mother and I stayed here after a recommendation from a friend, and we were SO glad we did!! This B&B is one of a kind - it has incredible charm, a peaceful atmosphere, and had absolutely everything we needed.

Our room was very clean, spacious, and the beds were comfortable. The owner (Dougald) lives downstairs and the 3 bedroom B&B is located on the 2nd floor via a private entrance. There is a communal living room, kitchen (where each guest had a private fridge for storing food), and outside deck area for enjoying the sunshine in the morning. There was a even a bottle of complimentary sparkling wine for us!

Fresh baked muffins and pastries and fruit were provided every morning and were DELICIOUS! Dougald accommodated us early, and there was free parking in the back of the house (we rented a car to get around town). There were local bars, grocery stores, and restaurants in walking distance, and it was just a 5 minute drive to the heart of Hollywood Blvd. Dougald was helpful, provided recommendations to us, but yet remained very quiet and "hidden" downstairs. It was like we were living in LA!

I highly recommend anyone to stay here if you are looking to get away from the crazy hustle and bustle of Hollywood after a long day. If we ever return to the LA area, we will be staying here again!!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Colleen H
Reviewed October 27, 2014

So glad I found the Hollywood Pensione. Other accomodations that I was finding for the area I wanted to stay in either seemed like "dives" or were too ritzy/party-ish for me. The property has the charm and character of an older home and the comfort and calm of the Zen-like decor. Dougald is a gracious and helpful host. He was able to accomodate an early check-in for me, but would've been able to hold my bags had the early check-in not been possible. Fresh baked pastries and fresh fruit every morning make a great start. Breakfast on the balcony is a calm start to the morning. It is only a ten minute walk to a Metro subway stop, grocery, restaurants, local shops. DASH bus and Metro-bus stops are at the ends of the block. I would definitely stay again if return to LA. (I did not have a car with me, but off-road parking is available for those that do).

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2014

We had our eyes set on this place for months, after not feeling okay with shelling out huge amounts for "another" chain hotel. The photos sold this place, as did the idea of homemade breakfasts.

This small Bed and Breakfast with three rooms is perfect as a base for Honeymooners (like us), tourists, business visitors and more.

A bottle of sparkling wine met us in our designated fridge in the shared kitchen, we had facilities to cook and wash clothes and we were in walking distance of a great supermarket called Gelsons (with a deli) which is a left out of the door, then left again down Franklin for 2-3 mins.

The aircon was effective, the rooms are very private, but allow for seeing other guests in the communal areas if you wish and sitting with a coffee on the balcony by the kitchen is very recommended.

The bed was more than just comfortable and made us dread heading home to our own bed.

The hotel served as a base for visits to Hollywood, Burbank, Pasadena, Downtown, Santa Monica even as far afield as Anaheim for Disneyland (we didn't have a car and used public transport, but there is parking space for cars). We also made sure to sample the selection of books scattered around the communal areas that covered USA's best road trips and even historical information about LA.

We will never forget this place as being our honeymoon spot, but in all honesty it lived up to expectations and more. Dougald the host, was knowledgeable, helpful and made great tasting breakfasts.

We hope to visit again some day in the next few years.

Room Tip: We stayed in Zen, peaceful room with nice size.
Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple