All reviews complimentary water and snacks small suite lobby bar bath towels boutique hotel living area staples center comfy bed other guests valet parking walking distance nice hotel dtla lhw renovation downtown lyft
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and spent two nights in the hotel this weekend. The staff was kind and helpful. The lobby was inviting and afforded the opportunity to meet other guests. The pool and pool-side restaurant were attractive and inviting (for the record and did not have time to use, but walked through and wished I had). The barista make excellent coffee. The room was recently renovated, clean, and comfortable.

There were free snacks in the room, which was fine, but not used by us until our daughter arrived and pillaged the junk food... There was no coffee in the room (my wife was not happy about this) and no free water in our room (other reviewers said there was).

My only disappointment was the gym. Is was a small room the size of a standard hotel room. I could work out, but it was tight. There was water and apples/oranges and a bathroom in the gym. Two very short treadmills, one elliptical, kettle balls, a cable machine, Other than being quiet, a powerblock dumbbell set, a bench, and stretching mats were present--that was it. There was a nice outdoor deck, but I was unable to use it due to rain and temperature. Perhaps I would have really enjoyed the deck.

Bottomline, I would definitely stay again for a day or two max, unless I had another place to work out.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Anu B
Karen G, Front Desk Supervisor at Hotel Figueroa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Than you so much for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are currently in the process of ordering some coffee machines and we do have a few spare espresso machines available upon request. Hopefully the next time you stay with us we can make sure your wife gets her coffee in the morning ( a necessity for me) and you can join us for a meal at veranda. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

The lobby and common area are beautiful and easy to enjoy while working or catching up with colleagues. The rooms are well-appointed and a very good use space. The staff are delightful. The workout space is small but adequate. Thanks to the beautiful L.A. weather they have a terrace where you can take a yoga mat. They didn't have water at the gym and charged $2.00 a bottle when I ordered it from the front desk. The restaurant is delightful all day long.

Room Tip: My room was in the front of the hotel and was quiet enough to have morning conference calls without any interference.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
AndrewD5145, Front Office Manager at Hotel Figueroa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful response! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed yourself during your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the DTLA area!

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

This is a great hotel in downtown LA. It has been nicely renovated and it’s very clean. The room was efficient but a little small. The service was very good and the bar and restaurant areas excellent. Great place to hang for a few day!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
AndrewD5145, Front Office Manager at Hotel Figueroa, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to the DTLA area!

Reviewed September 24, 2018

I booked this hotel using American Airlines Rewards Miles and SO happy I did. I was coming to LA to run a 10k at LA LIVE yesterday so was looking for a hotel close by. The hotel photos on the website looked really cute, but did not do justice to how GORGEOUS a property this was. My boyfriend and I absolutely loved our stay. Mind you, our room was VERY small, but it worked for just the 1 night. We loved the complimentary snacks (as previously mentioned). The service from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the staff member who we asked to take a picture of us and did a mini photo shoot for us, was above and beyond. We had brunch by the pool and then lounged with mimosas after. We were so bummed to leave, and can't wait to find a reason to come back. It is a hidden gem in the heart of LA. BOOK here. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your amazing review!!! The rock and roll half marathon is coming up soon if your are looking for anther reason to come downtown. I personally think any day ending in 'y' is a perfect day for a vacation, so we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

I want to mention that this old hotel had good staffs and the receptionist handled our complaint professionally. Nevertheless we had to leave the hotel as soon as we entered. The room had obvious signs of mould on the ceiling (it was very large) ; the room and bed were very small; and we further found dusts on furnitures. It looked like they’ve repainted along the old and cramped building. It wasn’t how we understood from hotel images and previous reviews. We were so disappointed that we had to change hotel on the day - it was a real pain.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
AndrewD5145, Front Office Manager at Hotel Figueroa, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

I wanted to apologize for the negative experiences you endured during your stay with us. I am extremely sorry if you feel you had encountered any mold in the hotel, as I can assure you we have recently underwent a two and a half year renovation and have not had any mention of mold, nor has the staff discovered any either. I am also very sorry if there was any dust in the room as our housekeeping staff is thorough in their cleaning and inspections of all of our guest rooms. I am very pleased to hear that our staff were able to take care of you during your stay with us, and please feel free to reach out to me directly to ensure that you were not charged upon departing our hotel shortly after you checked in. Take care.