All reviews nespresso machine rooftop deck homewood suite foot ceilings airport view room lax sign hotel shares airport hotel lax runways usb ports next morning an early flight coffee beans international flight guest rooms parking situation top floor
Reviewed September 17, 2018

We only stayed one night before a flight out early the next afternoon but wow, the "H Hotel" blows away your typical airport hotel by leaps and bounds. What a lovely looking, well-decorated, comfortable, and posh hotel this is! I'm a fan of Curio by Hilton hotels and this was no exception. The hotel is very new which is obvious. The room size is generous, the beds very comfortable, nice towels, and very clean. The employees were all friendly and while the hotel was busy, we did not hear any noises from "the neighbors". We received a room on the 10th floor with a direct view of LAX including the famous "LAX" sign and the pylons which change different colors. (Perhaps an upgrade for being Hilton Honors Gold, I'm not sure.) We loved the convenient on-site Coffee Bean and Tea Leafe cafe. While the price here is a bit more than average, it was definitely worth it. Great job, guys!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We stayed one night on a long layover. We had a great stay. Check in was fast. Room was super clean. The bed was really comfortable. We had drinks and a bite to eat in the restaurant. That was a great experience as well. We used the shuttle from and to LAX which was efficient. We would definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

We checked in around midnight. The room the room felt warm on entry. We checked the thermostat and it read 76. We set the temp down and tried to adjust the fan speed. The backlighting made it impossible to see the which fan setting was sellected. There was no change in velocity of the air out of the vent when we attempted to set the fan speed. We called the desk and asked for assistance. We waited nearly an hour and and finally a security guard came. The room temp went up to 77. He repeated the exact setup that I had done and waved his arm in front of the vent and said he felt cool air. I said that I felt no change and asked him to show us how to adjust the speed. He could not and left and said he would talk with the desk person about a room shift. No call back in 20 minutes. I went down to the front desk and was told that the hotel was sold out. He offered a fan. We accepted. The fan finally arrived at 2:12 AM. We slept very poorly tossing and turning all night long. My wife checked out while I handled our bags. They gave us a $75 reduction. I was insulted by that amount and wanted to go back in and give it back to manager. My wife said that we had to get to our next flight. How can a hotel be prepared to aid their customers with only a security guard and desk clerk on duty from 11 PM to 7 AM.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
InterstateHotels, Manager at H Hotel Los Angeles, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Dennis L - thank you for your time in posting comments about your recent stay with us, and we're sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay. We have shared your feedback with our team to use as a training tool, ensuring a positive experience for all guests moving forward. We hope that you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to the LAX area.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

The hotel is literally walking distance from LAX if you're OK with that sort of thing; sometimes its nice to stretch your legs after a flight.

The hotel was clean and very comfortable. The room had great tall ceilings and a most excellent view of the airport. The roof deck is a gem; plenty of space to watch airplanes coming and going.

Despite being so close to the airport, there was surprisingly little noise.

Room tip: If you like to see the airport, ask for a room on the west side.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank traveling_photo
Reviewed September 13, 2018

I tend to gravitate towards Hilton properties as they historically have performed well for me throughout the years...their H Hotel definitely delivered

Check In: An attractive lobby that is decorated with a contemporary high end feel. From the front desk design to all the seats, couches, and lighting. The lobby layout is strange in that it's long and skinny with the front desk on one end and a sitting area on the other end. The front desk staff was friendly and checked me in quickly.

Rooms: We had two queens and the rooms are very modernly designed and decorated. The new furniture is evident and the vaulted ceilings makes the room feel more spacious and in my opinion, more comfortable. We had a great view of LAX and were able to see flights arriving and departing from a distance. The bathroom was spacious, contemporary decorated and spotless. The beds were comfortable and all the pillows, sheets and covers were of high quality. I was able to rest very well.

Location: Right by LAX and major freeways made this location ideal for this current trip. Small coffee shops and restaurants were right outside the lobby if you needed them. The parking garage was directly behind the hotel and the parking spots were adequately spaced.

Overall, you absolutely cannot go wrong with this newer hotel by Hilton. The staff was friendly at all points of contact and you can tell that this is a new property all around. If you have to stay close to LAX for any reason, the H is a great option and is definitely one I'd consider again in the future. Enjoy!

Date of stay: June 2018