Free cancellation until 29/07
US$246
US$236
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$459
US$429
  • Beachfront
1,899 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby bartrader joeshotel is beautifulmetro stationvalet parkingchinese theatrevalet servicebeverly hills
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My friends and I drove up from San Diego and stayed at the W. I have to say it was a WONDERFUL experience. The hospitality was AMAZING and the roof top pool was great! Although the weather was not as nice as it could have been, they had a COMPLIMENTARY happy hour where ALL drinks were FREE! We wanted to go to Drai's night club in the hotel and was told that it was a seperate entity and the hotel could not gaurantee entrance. When we saw the line of 100 + people outside trying to get in, we got worried. However, W Insider, CHRIS NELSON, was sooooo cool and got us right in without hesitation! He was the BEST! I would definitely recommend this hotel to all! The only issue that we did have was the service at the restaurant, Delphine. Food was good but service was less than average.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Diane11SanDiego
alyskie, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2011

Thank you for your review! We loved reading of your W Hollywood experience! Glad to hear that Chris took good care of you - he's the best! We hope you and your friends will be back for another visit soon the next time you need to get away! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Hollywood

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I opted to stay at the W Hollywood in the week prior to the Oscars for a business trip. If you're looking for a sedate business hotel then please stay away. However if, like me, you want your hotel to be a hub of celebrity activity, noise and fun then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. The partying went on into the early hours and it's the only decent hotel in Central Hollywood.

The rooms and bathrooms are decent and what you'd expect from a 5 star hotel. However, everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is a costly extra (no complimentary water, no free WIFI etc, on site parking etc). The Food is nothing to sing about, overpriced (especially room service) but acceptable.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful - although I have seen mixed reviews. The central reception/bar area are packed with people in the evening and parties do tend to continue in the rooms (and the walls are pretty thin).

You must try out the spa. Expensive but not bad.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sameera3000
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I just stayed one night, but have never been to a fancier hotel. I ate with a group in the restaurant in the hotel and the food was excellent. The location across the street from the Pantages Theater and close to freeway on and off ramps was perfect for my purpose. Checking in and out was easy. Coffee was supposed to be in the lobby by 6:00, but when it hadn't arrived by 6:15, they brought me a capucchino. The linens were very high quality and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your W Hollywood experience! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed everything from the lcoation to our W beds! Apologies for keeping you waiting on coffee - we promise to have some ready and waiting for you on your next visit! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me before staying with us again so we can ensure your second experience is as good as the first! Thank you, Alyssa Kiefer, W Hollywood, alyssa.kiefer@whotels.com

Reviewed May 14, 2011

I've stayed at hundreds of hotels for work and pleasure, and I would put the service quality of the W Hollywood at the top tier of the list. At most hotels, you're lucky to run into one or two people who provide excellent service. At the W, it started from the valet to check in to room service to housekeeping to check out and every stop in between. It's the 'can do,' it's no problem, whatever whenever service that other hotels (and other W's) only talk about. W Hollywood delivers. Too many examples to even list here. The hotel is very central to the Hollywood Palladium, and the Pantages Theatre, and it's right on a Metro Line. It can be very lively and noisy, but they will address any noise complaints from the rooms immediately. There is also a good amount of street and traffic noise, ask for a room away from the parking lot side of the hotel. Dress is more formal throughout the property, and next time I will ask about bringing my dog, as they have a dog menu in the room service guide! Parking is valet only and roughly $40, but don't stay here if the prices will get to you, everything is quite pricey but the service greatly exceed expectations. W Hollywood, you've got it going on. Kudos to your management and your people for impressing some jaded travelers!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2011

If you're planning a trip to Los Angeles, the W Hollywood is the place to stay.

The hotel is not only chic but friendly. A rare combination. From the moment we entered we were treated as favored guests. The staff was always available to answer your questions and to offer help if needed.

Our room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. It made it easy to sleep well and wake refreshed.

There is free internet access in the library/reception area and the Delphine Restaurant offers delicious entrees and once again great service. Highly recommend the chocolate cake. :)

Enjoy!