1,947 results
All reviews rooftop pool bliss spa w insider bliss products chris nelson marvelous suite pantages theater pool party living room lobby bar fun hotel metro stop hotel is beautiful valet parking chinese theatre valet service beverly hills
Reviewed May 19, 2012

First, if you have kids, DO NOT take your kids here. This is definitely a hotel for adults. Just wanted to lead with that. I got this hotel for $120 on Priceline.

When I arrived, I realized that the lobby area is like a club. There is a beautiful lobby area that spills out onto a courtyard with nice outdoor furntiture, fire pits, and a bar. They were playing the Lakers game on a huge movie screen that is on the hotel facing the courtyard. After the game was over, they showed a movie. It was an independent movie screening and the director and star of the film was having a drink next to me. I had dinner out there and it was small and overpriced, but what do you expect? I am sure the weekends would be crazy in the lobby area. There was huge speakers everywhere and DJ equipment that was not being used. I was there on a Tuesday night and it was still packed.
Upon checking in, they gave me an upgrade to a corner room. Not sure why seeing that I booked on Priceline and expected the room with a view of the air conditioning unit. I could look at the Hollywood sign from my bed. Very cool. The rooms are par for W. Very modern, huge bathroom, low bed, huge flat screen TV, window sitting area...They had a contraption that had every charging connection imagineable which was great! They also had a "sound machine" which was another great option. No coffee maker, but tons of liquor and snacks for a huge fee. Unlike many other reviewers, there was not enough noise in my room to cause any issues. Could have been where I was. In my opinion, you could not beat the room!
I did not try the pool so cannot comment on that. It looked cool though.
The fitness room was nice with adequate dumbells, machines and treadmills. They had a heavy bag which I enjoyed taking out my frustrations on.
Breakfast, again, was overpriced. I had the Huevos Rancheros and it was great, $13 (plus coffee, plus juice).
Service from start to finish was absolutely amazing. Everyone was great.
Tips:
- Ask for room with view of Hollywood sign. Corner room if you can get it.
- Valet is $35. Yes, $35. There was no self parking option at the hotel. I do not know if there may be a parking option off site. You may want to check.
- Don't take kids here and if you do not like a younger lively scene, stay elsewhere.

Overall, if you want a trendy and lively hotel on the walk of fame you have to try this place. If you want stuffy, older, and quiet then stay away. If you have kids, this place is not for you.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room with view of Hollywood sign
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed here twice in March and April, this one's March. Our flight was delayed so we ended up arriving close to 3am. Exhausted, we requested if any upgrades were available and soon enough the concierge upgraded us to a Fantastic Suite! The suite was really spacious, with a great living area. The desk was a little dusty though. After settling in, I was surprised to find out that there was a connecting private terrace along with the suite, a nice touch. The gym is excellent, it's great taking a run while overlooking Hollywood. The restaurant, Delphine was decent. Servers were really nice, though the food itself was mediocre. There's also only one menu for both lunch and dinner. Service for the hotel itself was good but not great, I called them twice regarding lights that did not light up in our room and also regarding a tailor for a suit that I needed to change. They said they would call back and also send someone up for the lights but never did. The hotel has a good vibe and has some great features, but service can definitely go up a notch. Overall though, I recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate any chance to receive feedback!

I am so glad we were able to upgrade you, especially after an extremely long travel day! We take our Whatever/Whenever® service extremely seriously, and I apologize it was anything less than spectacular.

I hope you stay with us again next time you are in the Hollywood area, I know we can really Wow you with service!

Thanks again,

Reviewed May 11, 2012

First of, all when I checked in they were doing, and are most likely still doing construction in the lobby which involved a jackhammer. It was extremely loud, and annoying. We coudn't even enjoy the beautiful lobby. Then as we went to our room, we noticed a puddle of blood in the restroom, we immediatly reported it to housekeeping and it took them at least 15 - 20 min to get someone to clean it, and on top of that there was dried BOOGERS on the wall! Yes, there was dried boogers on the wall next to the bed. Obviously housekeeping is not doing their job, cleaning the rooms. So we asked the hotel housekeeping manager to change our rooms, which she did, and it took them at least 40 minutes to an hour to do so. Meanwhile we were sitting in the room, waiting, and holding our bladders, due to the fact the the restroom was filthy. We actually had to leave our rooms to use the restroom in the hotel lobby! And even then they forgot that we were still waiting in the room so we had to call down and remind them we were waiting on a room! Eventually, a man came up and transfered our luggage to our room and we went on our way. The only form of apology, or 'compensation' that we got was a cheap bottle of wine that the hotel houskeeping gave us. Big whoop. The next morning we decided to order from the room service breakfast, and when the food arrived we had to once again call down and let them know how terrible and old it tasted. For a 150 dollar room service order, you would think that the food was at least palatable, however it was foul. the sausage was dry and hard, the eggs were runny, and even the potatoes tasted like dirt. the only good thing was the french pressed coffee.

If you want to stay here be prepared for the OUTRAGEOUS 35 dollar A NIGHT mandatory valet fee!!!! thats right THIRTY-FIVE dollars for parking, per night. (not including tip)

This hotel seriously nickel and dimes you, always asking for tips.

The only thing I enjoyed was the beds, they were great, and the coffee was yummy.
but i could get the same at a motel 6.

Please do not stay here. It is absoloutly not worth it.

3  Thank Patsy M
Brad_Wulff, Guest Relations Manager at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. First and foremost, I apologize for the unfortunate experiences you had, they are neither typical nor acceptable. We pride ourselves on making sure all of our guests have a comfortable stay, and cleanliness is a top priority.

I am glad that we were able to transfer you to a new room, and offer you a bottle of wine. Although Wheels is the only option for parking on property, I can assure you that it is competitive to the area, and most importantly safe for our guests. I would welcome the chance to discuss this further with you, as I am concerned with your comments and want to make sure we can address them properly. Please feel free to contact me directly at brad.wulff@whotels.com.

Looking forward to it,

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just came back from our stay at the W Hotel Hollywood. Nice hotel, very modern with a beautiful, trendy crowd. The Pantages Theater is across the street and Trader Joe's is around the corner for snacks (you DO NOT want to purchase the in-room snacks & drinks...very expensive). The negatives: small bathroom with very dim lighting, limited electrical outlets, no free wi-fi and $35 parking. Also, if sleep is important, this isn't the hotel for you. Because this is Hollywood, you will hear late night crowds in the hallways throughout the night. Positives: nice, comfortable beds, modern furnishings and great lobby area to sit down and have a drink.

Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank aczgirl
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Usually I stay at very good quality hotels when I travel, being from San Diego, I visit LA quite frequently. However my experience at the W was less than quality. As I entered I noticed a puddle of water on the floor, and nearly slipped and cracked my head, I alerted someone and they told me someone has spilled water. However it took them 15 minutes to clean it, and they did not put a watch your step sign. Then as we tried to check in. They told us our room was not ready yet, we had to end up sitting in the lobby with all our luggage for 20 minutes. I was shocked that we did not receive any vouchers for drinks or a free lunch for our substantial wait. As we checked in we noticed our pillows were slightly yellow, which really grossed us out. We had ordered more pillows but they never came. As we headed to our restroom we noticed a gob of hair in the sink. This was absolutely disqusting and called downstairs to report it. And once more, they did absolutely nothing about it. The beds were comfortable but there was lots of noise downstairs. I was very very unimpressed by my stay at the W.

However, I am Will be returning to the W this Monday, may 8th and I pray to god that this stay is at least a little better than before.
I would stay somewhere else, but the hotel is the closest to my destination.
I pray that my stay is better.

4  Thank Michael M

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us.
I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, and will be following up with our team. In a case of any spill, we do have clear safety and risk procedures. I am concerned with your review on our service, and I would love the chance to directly talk to you about your stay. Cleanliness and the safety of our guests is extremely important.

Please reach out to me directly and brad.wulff@whotels.com at your convenience. I am sorry I missed your return visit, but hope that you had a more typical W Hollywood stay. I know that our Talent and property are both top notch.

Looking forward to it,