1,924 results
All reviewsrooftop poolbliss spaw insiderbliss productschris nelsonmarvelous suitepantages theaterpool partyliving roomlobby barfun hotelmetro stophotel is beautifulvalet parkingchinese theatrevalet servicebeverly hills
Reviewed May 4, 2018

My stay was not satisfying. There were no significant concerns or issues except noise, but lots of little problems and annoyances that added up. I will stay elsewhere next time.

When I checked-in the front-door staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. This is a beautiful building, with a very cool “Great Room”, but it was deserted at 10pm on a Tuesday evening. I somehow thought there would at least be a lobby bar still going. In fact, I found that the hotel seemed deserted or at least mostly quite throughout my 2-night stay. It was a shame, because W hotels usually have a great vibe and lots of energy and activity. Instead this one was sleepy on the days I was there. But ironically my fellow guests were quite inconsiderate late at night. More on that later.

My first annoyance was at check-in when the agent was unable to upgrade me as a perk of my status, because the hotel was nearly sold-out. I was very surprised to hear that considering that I never saw another guest at all that evening. I asked where everyone was, and the agent replied that they were all up in their rooms ordering room service. Then I was asked to sign a document that had me agree to not cause trouble or disturb the other guests. For instance, this document reminded me that I can’t have parties in my room, can’t have a lot of guests in my room, can’t behave like a rockstar and trash the room, etc. Apparently this is a problem. Now I was worried. Maybe it wasn’t going to be as quiet as it seemed…

When I got to my room, it was fine, but closer to the elevators than I’d like, and on a lower floor than I’d like (that was the best they had for my rate). The clock in the room was set to the wrong time, and the light in the entry to the room didn’t work. I’m used to W hotels having lots of extravagant minibar items for sale, but it’s getting rather out of hand. I could have made a $55 mixed drink with the featured mixers on the counter just as I walked in. There were six $5 bottles of water sprinkled around the room. It felt as though they were trying to entrap me with so much temptation. The towels in the bath smell of disinfectant, like they’re washed at a hospital laundry, and the fancy artwork hanging on the walls is covered in dust. The rest of the room was clean and pleasant, but I couldn’t get over the dust on the artwork.

On the bright side, the internet worked well and was fast enough. The bath has a nice illuminated magnifying mirror. There were plenty of power outlets and the lighting was good (when it worked). The bed was nothing special, but fine. There’s a pleasant window seat if you want to look out at the construction site across the street. The bathroom was nicely appointed, although they were stingy with only one bar of soap. The above mentioned towels were a bit small for this caliber of hotel. The water pressure in the shower was “very ecological” (weak, but acceptable).

After my first night, I called to have the light fixed, but when I dialed 0 to talk to “Whatever Whenever”, I got a busy signal (“Nothing Never.”) So I walked down to the front desk and requested that the light be fixed, and I also asked for an extra blanket as the room did not have a spare one.

When I returned the next evening, the room had been serviced, but the light had not been fixed, and I did not have a spare blanket (Nothing Never worked as planned). I called Whatever Whenever and the person on the other line seemed to be having a conversation with someone else when she answered the phone (Something Sometimes?) I waited and eventually she addressed me and I asked her for help with the light and the blanket. She interrupted me a few times to continue her conversation with the other person there in the noisy room she was in. I had to repeat myself a couple times because she really wasn’t paying attention to me. But an engineer arrived very promptly to fix the light followed shortly with the blanket. The engineer and housekeeper were extremely friendly and efficient. But the blanket was pathetic. It was only “double size” for the King size bed in the room, and it was old and worn, with some stains on it. It probably had been washed, but I was really disgusted with it. A replacement blanket was just as small, old, and worn, but at least it didn’t have any stains, and seemed to be clean.

The lobby bar was closed again on my second night when I walked through the lobby at about 5:30pm, but the outdoor bar was open. It was 52 degrees, and they didn’t have heaters. Clearly they’re pushing the guests to use the $55 cocktail mixers in the guest rooms.

In the end I was awoken both nights at several different times by very loud people in the hallway outside my room as they were returning from partying. That explained the document I signed when I checked-in.

I checked out at about 4am, but the nice lady at the front desk couldn’t give me a printed receipt as the computer was busy. It was emailed to me later that morning.

I’d like to think I’m a fairly “low maintenance” guest, and any of these annoyances (except being woken up) would not be worth mentioning on their own. But in aggregate, it paints a picture of a hotel that I recommend you not select.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 6Continents2toGo
Nicole A, Executive Administrator at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Hi 6Continents2toGo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at W Hollywood. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you an unforgettable lifestyle experience, and from your feedback, I am disappointed to learn we fell short of your expectations.

Each guest is required to sign the Sweet Dreams form in recognition of our “no smoking” and “no outside alcohol” policies. It also serves as another element to prevent guests from having parties and making excess noise. The form encourages guests to reach out to us immediately if they find that they are being disturbed throughout the night. We sincerely apologize if you felt any level of disrespect in signing, but the form is an added layer of protection to better serve all of our guests.

Our security patrols the entire hotel regularly to ensure that noise levels are kept to a minimum. But we apologize that you were disturbed throughout the night due to guest activity around you. In the future, if you experience excess noises again, please feel free to reach out to us promptly so that we may quickly assist with your grievance.

The feedback regarding your service request is valuable to us, as we constantly strive to improve the overall guest experience. There was obviously an error in the level of service we expect from our team and it is important to us that an experience like yours is not repeated.

I hope we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in W Hollywood and welcome you back again whenever your travels bring you to Los Angeles. Should you wish to do so, please feel free to reach out to me directly so that I may personally see to it that the red carpet is rolled out for your arrival.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

All the best,
Nicole

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

We arrived Sunday night around 10pm to a very loud party in the bar and courtyard area. We stayed on level 7, facing the internal courtyard. First night found it hard to sleep until the party noise stopped. Remaining nights were very quiet. Room was lovely; large in size with king bed, desk, nice place to lie by the window.

Fridge is so packed with items to buy it was hard to fit a couple items from Trader Joe's which is a handy few minutes away. While I understand it may be nice to have a variety of items to purchase, found the bottled water by the bed and in the bathroom for purchase a bit over the top - could have just been centralised in one spot. Location quite good and they have created a unique atmosphere/vibe with furnishing etc which makes this place unique. Would come back for a weekday stay.

Oh, and weirdly there was no kettle or tea in the room. Call reception to request a kettle!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

Not the most expensive, but great location , on Hollywood Blvd which is nice and above the Hollywood and Vine Subway station, rooms are great beds are nice, sadly some of the staff are a bit up themselves.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2018

The rooms were clean, but the bed was a bit too low and soft. Large bathroom with very small tub and no counter space. The room was a handicap room, I think, so perhaps this was why. Also, it would have been nice to have a fan in the bathroom.

There was plenty of overpriced drinks, snack, and other products for sale, but no coffee maker, but not a big issue since there is a Starbucks, Duncan Donuts, and other shops within walking distance. However, it would have been nice to have an empty fridge or one that wasn't completely loaded with supplies for purchase. There was no room for anything you may want to stick in there. I found these things to be very inconsiderate to the guest.

We opted for the Green Choice for what we thought was one day, but they didn't clean on either day, not a big deal we had extra towels, but this wasn't what we were told at the desk, so FYSA.

I did find this to be a great location if you don't have a car, right above the Hollywood/Vine metro stop and good proximity to other locations. Also, there's a club called the Loft and live music on Sunday night both seem to be very popular at this hotel, based on the crowd. I would probably only recommend this hotel to a younger traveler. For the cost, I think I'll check out someplace else next time, but I don't regret staying here for my first short stay in LA.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

What could have been a good experience really wasn't. After "losing" our reservation for 2 of the 3 nights and telling us it was "fixed," we were checked out after 1 night, couldn't get into our room, and even after getting the problem fixed "again" at the front desk, a hotel staffer showed up to kick us out of a room, indicating we had overstayed checkout -- note that this was after the "problem" was "fixed" TWO times.

They spray an incredibly strong "W scent" all over everything in the room. We asked for them not to spray this since it was causing one of us an allergic reaction, and it took more than 5 communications throughout our 3 night stay, including two to have the "scent mitigated."

As SPG preferred guests we were given free bottled waters in our room and free wifi upon checking in. However, because of the reservation issue, our second and third nights no longer had the water or wifi. I called down to explain the situation and was told that we actually didn't qualify for the wifi or water since we booked through a third party website. Fair enough, but at this point, after embarrassingly coming to kick us out of the room, the least they could have done is just allow the free wifi and bottled water for two extra nights.

I would avoid staying here.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Nicole A, Executive Office at W Hollywood, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Hi David P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at W Hollywood. Every process put in place is aimed at providing you an unforgettable lifestyle experience and from your feedback, I am disappointed to learn we fell short of your expectations.

We will be sure to address our talent about the issues you presented as there was an error in the level of service and efficiency we expect from our team and it is important to us that an experience such as this is not repeated.

I have updated your SPG profile regarding the W Scent to let any W Hotels know your updated preference.

For future reference, when booking through a third-party channel, you are unable to tap into the rewards of being a loyal SPG member. However, upon further review of your folio, you were not charged for WiFi throughout your stay. If your records indicate otherwise, please feel free to email me directly and I would be happy to make the adjustment.

I do sincerely apologize if there was any miscommunication or shortcomings in service and responsiveness. One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of courteous service and hospitality. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and your feedback is valuable to us.

I hope we have the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel and welcoming you back to W Hollywood whenever your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

All the best,