Review Highlights
captivating trip back in time

This was the best walking tour I have ever taken! Phillip is a local historian who is passionate... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
camillel20
Best Tour in L.A.

By far the BEST tour in L.A.! My husband and I were very excited about the Historical Hollywood... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018

from US$84.00
from US$51.50
from US$89.00
More Info
All reviews entertainment industry real history story telling his enthusiasm subject matter movie industry sunset blvd warner bros film tv hollywood stories storyteller industries birth vignettes buffs
Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic tour: humorous, live, full of real history and Hollywood anecdotes. History is a key word - the tour is not about celebrity gossip or sighting but about history of Hollywood and its “founding fathers.” We enjoyed every minute of the tour, learned a lot, and left feeling we saw a bit of real Hollywood. Philip is encyclopedia of knowledge and an incredibly gracious (and funny!) guide. What a treat!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I have taken many walking tours in the world, but this was one of the best!

I wasn't interested in Hollywood walk of fame, TMZ tours, celebrities' house visit etc. type of things.

I wanted to feel and learn about Hollywood, because I love super stars in the entertainment field. So I decided to take Felix in Hollywood tour, and I was very glad that I did.

It was Saturday afternoon, and our group was total 8 people.

The guide, Philip was so engaging, full of Hollywood knowledge, and made sure that we received all the information that he had.

I definitely recommend this tour 100%!

3  Thank Mcobacoba
Reviewed October 23, 2017

My son lives in LA and while we were visiting we looked for something different - something that would be more special than past celebrity homes and landmarks. Well, boy did we find it! Philip's fantastical tour of the location of the birth of Hollywood was it. We walked a half mile up Sunset Blvd to Gower and back, all the while Philip talked and brought to life the history and development of the town of Hollywood, the film, radio, and television industries. Philip's passion, knowledge, creativity and story telling was completely mesmerizing. A true highlight of our time in the Los Angeles area. I think everyone in the industry should take this tour and learn whence they come! Fabulous.

Date of experience: October 2017
3  Thank Sapeta416
Reviewed September 17, 2017

As he said at the start of the tour - have a hat, a bottle of water and your imagination.

It was amazing how much had happened in a small area and I loved the stories about the start of the movies and later on with Warner Bros. It was also fascinating to see the spots where Motown moved to and the outside of the recording studios where many great singers and musicians recorded.

It was an easy going walk and not too frenetic and the company was enjoyable.

1  Thank JohnC14350
Reviewed September 15, 2017

My tour guide was excellent. I chose this tour because it skipped all the stuff I could see myself - the walk of fame, the sign, etc. Instead it focused on the history of Hollywood. Why did Hollywood become Hollywood? How did the studios start? What random events occurred that could have changed everything?

I learned so much and have already retold a bunch of the stories I learned. Can't wait to come back! 10/10, this is probably the best tour of Hollywood out there.

1  Thank Zachary C