“Big portions, great flavors. Gluten free? Can be done.”

Flame Persian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Persian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,850 of 11,905 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: We are committed to using the finest ingredients and ensuring that each customer receives prompt, professional and courteous service. Located in the heart of Westwood, Flame Persian Cuisine is a Persian restaurant that offers a wide variety of meat, seafood, stew, salad, rice specialties and more. The restaurant take pride in providing high quality food and service, generous portions at moderate prices, and terrific dining experience to every guest all the time. Come visit our restaurant... We would be honored to have you and the opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed December 11, 2017

We were actually looking for a different Persian restaurant that we found was closed for remodeling. So we tried Flame. Very satisfied. Although the wait staff did not completely understand what gluten free meant, the discussion yielded good result and I had a safe meal that was very good. When eating Persian food, I often stick with the kabobs and rice. One of us was vegan and found plenty to eat. I always ask what is in the recipe down to the seasoning just to make certain I won't regret the meal. We had plenty of left overs with a moderate bill for three of us at $55 with tip.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

It s a place with tasty food; it s a pity how slow and careless the serveurs are: as soon as they placed my request on the table, nobody appeared again to ask if I needed anything else, at least the check! Only the guys in charge of cleaning and arranging the tables were around customers, but they have differents tasks, that s why there are waiters ......I had great expectations, but there s alwaus another choice two blocks away ATARI....

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Pita A
Reviewed August 22, 2017

The food was great and the service even better. This was our third visit to this restaurant and it was great. The starters were amazing, specially the eggplant dish, yogurt with cucumber. The burnt rice was too hard to chew on, but it was tasty. The prices are reasonable and if you are a lamb lover, then you won't be disappointed. if like chicken make sure to order the bone-in chicken it is tastier than the boneless. My wife had the white fish and green rice which was also very tasty. Heavy food so either go hungry or share the meals... Enjoy.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Best Cherry Rice! Make sure to order the Cherry rice with any dish! Also the hummus, bread and eggplant appetizers are great.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed April 15, 2017 via mobile

Having travelled from Sydney, Australia for a Persian wedding in OC, I was very impressed that our group of 14 was accommodated at short notice in a Saturday night.

I should preface this by stating that the Flame is very popular with the Persian community and that our group is Persian.

The chelo kebab was excellent, as was the starters of ghormeh sabzi, ghemeh, tuition bread (cooked on premises) and dooghk (yoghurt drink, not too sour or salty) and mast khiar. Tahdig could be a little more thick and salty, just like my mother in law's!

Salmon fillet with salad is excellent if you rush to bypass the rice which is irresistible.

If you are travelling from Australia, you may find this better than anything on offer in Sydney.

NB decor is average, but seriously no one really looks at that! Cosy in winter.

Date of visit: April 2017