“Nice Hotel. Great location!”

Wilshire Crest Hotel
Ranked #122 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Toronto, Canada
“Nice Hotel. Great location!”
Reviewed 3 February 2011

We stayed at the Wilshire Crest for ten days in January, 2011. The hotel is in a perfect location, with easy access to most of LA. The hotel doesn't have a parking lot, but there's sufficient parking on the street. The rooms are lovely, with everything a traveler could need. There are no deadbolts on the doors, but the hotel seemed safe enough our whole stay, so it wasn't an issue. The bathrooms are nice, with sinks both in the bathroom and outside the bathroom. The only minor issue we had was the sudden change in water temperature in the shower. A nice hot shower could suddenly go cold without warning. The breakfasts are substantial and the staff is most helpful. The rooms are a good size. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vortmax36
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2011
Thank you your your great review. I am glad you felt at home during your long 10 day trip. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Los Angeles.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Required a hotel close to the Saban Theater-chose the Wilshire Crest
based on mostly glowing reviews and the Kosher breakfast offered was a big plus.
I arrived at the hotel at around 12 pm with official check in at 3 pm- was not able to get a room immediately,but the most gracious front desk lady ,assured me my room would be available shortly.Wasnt to unhappy to wait it out on the sunny front porch.Where I come from hadnt seen the sun in a while......
While I was out on the porch received a phone call and the phone was brought outside to me-a nice touch.
The room was spacious and clean,with a flat screen TV mounted on the wall-lots of cable channels to choose from- wow off to a good start !! caught up on an afternoon nap
( the mattress was pretty firm) and at around 7'ish strolled down to the Saban Theater to see Eyal Golan in concert-great first day !!
In a nutshell the Wilshire Crest is a very homely,quiet hotel in a decent location-close to
Fairfax,The Grove,Farmers market etc.
One thing to mention though- be sure to get a parking permit .I arrived on a Saturday and was assured I didnt need a permit over the weekends.I left early Monday morning and lo and behold a ticket for $63 was on the windshield of my rental car.Went back to the hotel and without any fuss or bother they kindly offered to take care of the ticket.Was much appreciated as probably I was half to blame, as I should have enquired about the permit on Sunday night.
All in all a good stay- would definately recommend the Wilshire and should I find myself in LA again-would come back and stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Canuckle154943
Tomasy35, Guest Relations Manager at Wilshire Crest Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2011
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that my staff was attentive to your needs and you were able to take advantage of our outdoor patio. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Aaron
London
Reviewed 30 January 2011

This a quiet, no-frills hotel with a homely atmosphere which concentrates on the essentials that a visitor requires. The room was very clean, comfortable and extremely large, with free Wifi and a solid table which made it possible for me to get a lot of my work done there.

The bathroom had a great shower and bath with a generous supply of towels. Soap, shampoo, etc were replenished as required.

Breakfast comprised limitless supplies of coffee, delicious bagels, Danish pastries and fruit, which set me up well for the day.

There was a pleasant lounge and a verandah, where you could sit outside and - even in January - enjoy the Californian sun.

I thought the location was great. Just a five-minute walk to the Los Angeles County Museum, and not more than fifteen to the Farmer's Market and the Grove mall. I had been told I would need a car in LA, but found it very easy to get to wherever I wanted to go on foot or by bus.

I found the staff pleasant and helpful. I would have no hesitation returning here on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Woodmere, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2011

We had a great time at the hotel. It is in a great central location and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were great, rooms were quiet and clean. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Los Angeles!

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I stayed in the Whilshire for three weeks straight with my family and it was an amazing experience. Though not the fanciest of hotels, the Wilshire really has everything you need. The rooms were huge and clean, the beds were awesome, the location was central enough and the service was great. Aaron Tomaszewski, the young manager, is competent, friendly, accessible and completely "hands on". If you are looking for a homey stay for affordable prices - the Wilshire is a must!

Oceanside, New York
Reviewed 16 January 2011

We stayed there for a week end with friends. The staff were amazing. Everyone was sooo accommodating. The room was large and clean. The breakfasts were filling and delicious.It helped make our stay so great. I highly recommend this boutique hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 12 January 2011

absolutely the best manager we ever experienced. could not do enough for us. beds were great with great pillows and duvee. we used the dining room for a private party for family, great atmosphere. 5 min walk to museums (LACMA and Le Brea Tar Pits).
easy walk to synagogue (on Fairfax) and Starbucks around the corner. what else does one need in life!!!
I needed a projector and the manager actually drove me around town to find the best rental then took the equipment back the day after we left town. Amazing personality to all the family.