“Fabulous food and atmosphere.”

Tangier Korean Barbecue
Ranked #3,860 of 10,975 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Cross street: Los Feliz
Description: Korean BBQ restaurant with authentic Korean cuisine and some Japanese inspired dishes.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wonderful service, delicious food - a fantastic experience. The food is cooked yourself in a sunken bbq grill in the table... Lots of fun and the kids loved it but it would also suit a romantic night out. A must go restaurant!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great food and service and for $24.99 all you can eat, you can't go wrong. Meats were nicely seasoned, restaurant is clean, staff is friendly and welcoming. Well worth it!

1  Thank Aubrey R
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I always see this offer at Groupon. So I purchased one ($50) for $25 with $10 credit (from Groupon) so I ended up paying $15 for this $50 value which is a great deal. So I called and made a reservation. We did came on a Friday evening Dinner. Since we have the $50 groupon, the server offered the all you can eat (regular) for $25.99 per person, Since we came with a child, the child was charged $16.99. The meat selection are very limited. I think you only have like 6 choices. The side dishes are great though. The meat cuts are smaller. But since it is eat all you can, just ask for more. Just be aware that they charge for left overs, so just order what you can finish.We also tried their calamari for appetizer. The service is OK, the servers were attentive. The parking is great specially(they have a parking lot) for that place where parking is quite a privilege! All in all, the experience is quite good.But if you ask me If I will comeback , probably yes BUT with a Groupon! Other than that, I'd rather drive to KoreaTown where there is an abundance of AYCE KOREAN BBQ at MUCH LESSER PRICE!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I didn't try the BBQ so I'm rating purely on the Korean food that we ate here. This place is owned and run by Japanese people. I'm Korean so I was a bit surprised to go to a Korean restaurant and find that they don't speak Korean. So at first, I was a bit skeptical. The design inside was very Japanese. You wouldn't really see an interior design like that in a Korean restaurant. They have anime characters which is very Japanese. Anyways, we ordered the Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Soup) and the Dolsot Bibimbap (Mixed Rice in Stone Pot) with beef. They offer the Dolsot Bibimbap with different meats but we went the good old fashioned beef. Koreans don't eat bibimbap with chicken or pork normally. And honestly, I was quite surprised! The food tasted just as good as any other Korean restaurant that I would go to! In fact, I wouldn't even have known that a Japanese owned or ran this place if you blind folded me and fed me the food only. I would have thought I'm eating at a Korean restaurant run by Korean people. So all in all, the food was great! If you can't go all the way to Koreatown for some quality Korean food, then I would recommend this place to go in the Griffith Park area. They do serve many Japanese dishes as well other than Korean dishes.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Even with a light crowd, the smoke from cooking meats was almost obnoxious. Coupled with a barman that wasn't interested enough to adjust the "signature" cocktails to a couple of customers specific requests for less sweet, this was not a pleasant experience.

The prime rib was pushed as the specialty of the house but in reality it was tough meat and seasoned with little skill.