“One of, if not THE, best Italian in LA”
Review of Angelini Osteria

Angelini Osteria
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelini Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 10,911 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Wilshire
Cross street: Poinsettia
Description: Angelini Osteria also offers Full Event Catering in your home or venue of your choice. Our talented & professional Staff will make any event delicious & memorable!
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I’ve only been here for lunch, and I’m certain dinner is just as wonderful. It starts with complimentary items from the chef. Not amuse bouche, but rather a soup or farro salad. The pasta is perfectly cooked, the Branzino was delicate and awesomely flavored. The gelato from next door is the perfect ending. I always get the chocolate sorbetto. Amazing.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

When we were in Umbria in late spring this year we happened upon a wine cellar in Spello and met its owner Roberto Angelini. He told us about a restaurant in Beverly Hills run by his famous cousin chef Gino Angelini called “Angelini Osteria.” So tonight we went to see what all the fuss was about. Lucky, lucky us.

Cozy, packed, friendly and of course great food. But that’s old news. This place has a ton of 5 star reviews. I’m only confirming the obvious.

The real find of tonight’s culinary outing was “world class’ spaghetti Norma. It’s the kind of dish that makes you sound like closed loop answering machine, uttering the same rather obvious kudos, like “This is amazing” or “This so good’ over and over again. But for good reason.

Not since Winston ran the original Tutti’s on Main Street in Montecito and served what was then the gold standard for pasta Norma has any other version come close. That is not until now. In my book, Angelini Osteria equaled Winston’s masterpiece. But don’t take my word for it. Give spaghetti Norma your own test drive and don’t blame me if you get lost in your own kudos loop. It will be worth it...

1  Thank Splash46
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We were recently in Italy and this is the closest to an authentic Italian meal we’ve found since we came home. The wine list is extensive and varied. It’s well worth any effort to get here for dinner. Go go go. You’ll love your meal.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Friends. have always told me to try this restaurant - well I finally did. Amazing food and great service. I had the pork loin - carved at the table. Spent the entire night wishing I could have tried everyone else's food at the other tables - the pizza and pastas look amazing. Will definitely have to go back. Just a great atmosphere!

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Have eaten at a number of the “high end” Italian restaurants on the Westside. In my book Angelini Osteria stands at the top of the heap. Why? It is part gourmet, with complimentary appetizers brought out right from the start, like an octopus salad and a veggie,salad. The amazing naan like rosemary bread. It is part down home Italian cooking, combining creativity and great ingredients with serving sizes designed to fill you up. I had the sea urchin pasta. The side of rapini, shared by all , was crispy and flavorful, seemingly partially dried before cooking. Cream of broccoli soup, again shared by all, was a delight. I also tasted the duck preparations ordered by others. Again, wonderful and substantial.

Oh yea, the wine is good and not priced out of this world.