“Food is good but atmosphere is outdated. ”
Review of Jinky's Cafe

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

Jinky’s is probably one of the most we’ll known breakfast places amongst locals. Everyone knows where they’re located, the variety of food is great, they serve breakfast all day and you know what you’re getting. Reliable, easy, good food, but so much better than that. I like the options for green juices and healthier smoothies as well. I wouldn’t go there on a date but I’d go there all the time when in a relationship. Lol. It’s not romantic but it’s perfect for conversation and the beginning to any morning.
Pros:
Awesome menu with healthy/vegan/vegetarian options
Good/ great food depends on what you order
Breakfast all day - I mean... 5 stars for just that!
Clean
Good service
Reliable- you know what you are going to get.
Great for a casual business meeting.
Coffee is just OK - but I’m a coffee snob.

Cons:
Practical atmosphere - very brown and dated but it is what it is and that’s probably maybe what some people like about it.
The food is great for the most part but sometimes it’s just good. Which is also fine for most when it comes to eggs and toast or an omelette.
I wouldn’t take a romantic date there but it’s perfect for a casual business meeting and with your longtime significant other any morning for breakfast.

Overall - great place and I go there all the time!

Happy Eating!! ❤️

Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for dining with us! We look forward to serving you again!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

My third time eating here, third time in L.A. A do not miss for me. They are open for all three meals, but we go for breakfast. Lots of healthy options, and then not so healthy...but I but a little bit of both. Today I got a quinoa bowl with egg and veggies, along with Oaty-Oat pancakes with blueberries- split both with my Sis so we could have both sweet and savory. Both soooo good. My son got Flaky French Toast, his standard. So yummy and you don't go away hungry. A box to take home leftovers is a great option. Service is super friendly and our waiter remembered us from our trip back in May. Decorations are Hollywood, and currently with a Halloween spice. Sit inside or outside on the patio with umbrellas for shade if the weather on nice- or if you bring your dog. They are pet friendly :)

Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2017

Thank you for your kind words about Jinky's Cafe Sherman Oaks. We are committed to providing unique quality and flavors that you will enjoy and hopefully keep you coming back. We look forward to serving you again soon.Gratefully,Jinky's Cafe Sherman Oaks

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has it all: gluten free, vegan, vegetarian , etc. I wanted a salad, and chose the special salad of the day, which had grilled chicken and all kinds of fruits and veggies. It was huge and tasted wonderful. The price seemed a little high I realized I could make 2 meals out of it. Everything is fresh and healthy. My waitress was very friendly and attentive

Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you for reviewing our restaurant!!! We look forward to serving you again!!!

Reviewed September 15, 2017

I went with a few friends. There were very few customers inside, so it was unclear why our waitress had no interest in providing good service. When we were finally able to get her to our table to take our order, we requested a salad, a burger and a sandwich. All were in agreement that the food was mediocre. We will not be returning.

Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Thank you for writing your review of our business. We are very concerned with the experience you describe. Rest assured that all reviews, especially critical ones, are treated as top priority by me and our staff. Please email me at jinkyscafe@gmail.com so we can talk more about your dining experience.Thank you for bringing this to my attention,AlanOwner

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Plenty of great choices on the menu. I had the spicy chilaquiles and thoroughly enjoyed them. They're spicy, but no so much so that you're on fire. My companion had a breakfast Alfredo pasta. Not something you would traditionally think of for breakfast, but it was delicious. The location is easy to find, and there was adequate street parking. Service was very good.

Alan V, Owner at Jinky's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

5 stars!!! Thank you!