“A genuine mini Chinese restaurant!”
Review of Mandarin Kitchen

Mandarin Kitchen
Ranked #4,042 of 11,911 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This is a small restaurant with only 7 tables. But it is worth it. Main Waiter Tim is very experienced and can recommend dishes for you.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We order from here all the time. Food is usually good, a few misses here and there. Prices are fair. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed October 12, 2016

Yup. Fancy, comfortable atmosphere. Good service. Excellent food. I was there for lunch by accident. I'd tried the Apple Pan, but this was a Monday and it was closed. I went to the Blue Wave Car Wash next, wished I could eat at the taco truck there, but didn't have any cash. So I tried the strip mall next door and stumbled onto the New Mandarin Kitchen.

Once inside, I could barely hear the street traffic. Was pleased to find padded wooden chairs and cloth-covered tables.

The menu revealed a wide variety of dishes, both for dinner fare and lunch specials. I went with an American Standard: Orange Chicken, although more traditional Chinese items were available. The lunch special included tea, served in a china pot, soup (excellent), and white rice: plenty of everything.

My only criticism? The bathroom is in the back, though the kitchen. Oh, it was plenty clean and spacious, but you have to walk through all of the kitchen work to get there...

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 21, 2015

But the food was good, I had Shrimp Egg Foo Young, my wife had General Tso Chicken and the hot tea was very good. The egg rolls could have been better , they tasted old. The service was slow and inattentive but as I stated this place is a hole in the wall and I wasn't expecting stellar service. Especially for the inexpensive prices..... both meals and a appetizer just over $30.00 .

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Ordered from Mandarin Kitchen through Eat24 for delivery for lunch on August 3rd, 2014.

Let's start off with the food. My order consisted of the Sweet and Sour Chicken, the Homemade Potstickers, the Golden Fried Wontons and a bottle of Perrier. The Wontons were borderline burnt. They were overcooked and had barely any filling in them in the first place, and you couldn't even taste it over the wonton. The sweet and sour sauce that they brought with them was lackluster but it was the only thing that made the wontons tolerable. The Potstickers were decent, but the sauce that came with them was some of the worst I've had. The Sweet and Sour Chicken was good. Very generous portions there and I wasn't upset with it at all. The bottle of Perrier was delivered at a temperature almost as hot as the food. Very disappointed.

The service, though, was terrible. It was fast, yes, but the delivery guy was very rude. When I answered the door, he was glaring at me; when I said hello and thanked him for his fast delivery, he scowled and walked off. He didn't even let me sign the piece of paper that authorizes the transaction.

Overall, the experience was not worth the money, and I will not be ordering from Mandarin Kitchen again.

Date of visit: August 2014