“Hidden gem”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed August 10, 2016 via mobile

Food this good should not go unnoticed. The look from the outside threw me off because there are very few cars in the parking lot. It is quiet inside so even as I entered I was still unsure what I was getting in to. When I sat down the service was spectacular, A group of waiters made sure that we were tended to. When the food came it was heavenly, giant portions, amazing taste, and every single ingredient seemed to take a front row seat. The garlic, the sauce, the peppers, the vegetables, and let us not forget fantastic perfectly prepared meats. I had the slippery shrimp, wow. My friend had the human beef, yes please. Would definitely recommend it.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

Hunan Tasty is a mom and pop type Chinese
restaurant near my daughter's apt. in LA. Notice I spelled it Tasty not "Taste" as Trip Advisor has it incorrectly spelled. Also, see
the picture of their business card. At any
rate we had the family dinner which was very
reasonably priced at $14.99 a person. You
have a choice of two different soups (won ton or hot and sour). You will receive two appetizers, and you can choose one entree
per person. Rice is included in the dinner as is water and hot tea. All the selections we chose and ate were very TASTY. If you are ever in the Miracle Mile area give this restaurant a try.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2015 via mobile

When in doubt and ready to impress... Hunan Taste is your place !!! Their food is every level of delicious. The atmosphere and friendly staff make this an ideal spot for everyone. I've brought my grandma here and my most chic friends. It's definitely a place to brag about especially when someone says their Chinese place is better just bring them to Hunan and blow them out the water !!! Everything is delicious but don't leave without ordering 'slippery shrimp'.
My regular order is slippery shrimp, mixed 3 ingredients with brown sauce ( beef shrimp and chicken with broccoli) and mixed lo mien. Eggrolls and plum sauce to begin delishhhhh.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Hunan Taste is consistently good. In my opinion the best two dishes are garlic chicken with spinach and
dry sautéed green beans without pork. Both dishes are superb! We only get take out so I cannot comment on table service. The take out is fast and fairly priced. Hunan Taste is a great local Chinese restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2013
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We've only been here on Sundays in the middle of the afternoon so I can't comment on how busy they are during lunch and dinner hours. We tried their hot and sour soup, which is quite good. The last time we went we had the steamed dumplings. Though they are not the quality of what you'd get in San Gabriel, they do taste good and would satisfy a craving until you can make the drive for the more genuine dumplings. Overall, I think it's a pretty good bet for Chinese food, but I do think they are on the pricey side.

Date of visit: November 2012