“AWFUL SERVICE ”

Vien Cafe
Ranked #4,749 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Really unfriendly and discourteous server who half wipes the tables leaving them sticky
Heard food was really good but you risk an unpleasant experience

Reviewed June 27, 2016

I always forget to come here but when I do - delicious. Good for eat in or take out. The usual Vietnamese fare done well. Busy, happy eaters and glad they are doing well. Always easy parking on the street.

Reviewed August 25, 2015 via mobile

This place has amazing PHO. The place is clean and neat. This place is not your typical high end place. Just a great place to have pho.

Reviewed January 8, 2015

In a spare but stylish store front, this Vietnamese place has an assortment of good dishes. Not knowing much about the cuisine, my date recommended the Bun (cold vermicelli rice noodles with various meats). My choice (#15) included marinated chicken, grilled shrimp and chicken egg roll. I was impressed and loved every morsel.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

I am always looking for good authentic Asian restaurant on the west side. So when my friend recommended this place and it's somewhat close to us, we decided to try it out. It is a closer drive than to Noodle World (Westwood) for my comfort food, noodle soup. So this is by far the most expensively Pho Dac Biet/combo Pho I've had. The soup was very good, they definitely did not skim on the ingredients. But I thought the broth was a bit on the saltier side. I believe that the location dictates the higher prices. We also tried the fried Chicken egg rolls, It was good though not exceptional. And the other fried noodle dish was Pho Bo Xao, basically stirred fried rice noodle with marinated, it tastes a little bit like Pat see U / Pad Thai. We went there at around 4pm and there were other customers, But the lay out was a little strange. The walkway into the dining room was so narrow, it's definitely a one way traffic. I don't think our waiter smile once, But the place is clean, minimalist/modern decor which I like.... I think I will go back and try other rice or noodle dishes, but I don't think I would spend $9 for a Bahn Mi sandwich where it costs less than $4 at Lee's sandwich.