“Tasty executive breakfast”

Ranked #764 of 11,900 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Universal City Area
Description: Famous for its unique Seafood, Lobster and Prime Rib Buffet in L.A. Cafe Sierra is located high atop the Hollywood Hills inside the gleaming tower of Hilton Universal City.
Reviewed October 27, 2018

I went here for breakfast very early in the morning. I had the executive breakfast because it was included with my Diamond member benefits. I had the option to upgrade to the full breakfast for $10, but I didn't want a large breakfast. I was really impressed with offerings. They had good fruit, donuts, pastries, cereal, cold cuts, and sushi. I haven't seen such a large spread for a continental/executive breakfast. It was very good and definitely had enough to eat.

Date of visit: October 2018
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Dr_Drew2,

Thank you for taking the time in leaving us a review on your dining experience with us at Cafe Sierra. I am glad to read that you are a returning Diamond Hilton Honors member and that you enjoyed your stay and food!
We hope to have you back into our hotel in the near future!

Angie M., Marketing Manager

Reviewed October 1, 2018

We were given a free buffet due to room issues at the Hilton and if I had known how terrible this all would be I wouldn’t have bothered. It’s normally 30$ for the buffet and there was not one thing on it that was remotely good aside from the bagel and cream cheese. I would have passed had I known how gross it would be.

Date of visit: September 2018
HiltonUniversal, Manager at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear riverasfamily7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience with our restaurant. I sincerely apologize that you were disappointed. I would like to get more information from you as to how we can improve.  We strive to exceed your expectations and I will also be sharing your review with our management team.

Angie M., Marketing Manager
amelchiade@hiltonuniversal.com

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Cafe Sierra, you guys rocks!!
Service were awesome, food selections on Sunday were fantastic. Come on people, Try and tell me what you guys think.

Date of visit: August 2018
HiltonUniversal, Food and Beverage Marketing Coordinator at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear guest,
We're so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us! Thank you for sharing the love for our Sunday Brunch! It means a lot to hear you had nice experiences with us, and I am going to share your comments with the whole team. We have a beautiful patio which is a perfect place for any celebration party, bridal shower, or baby shower. Please let us know if you have any special plan in the future! Hope you will join us again on Father's day. We are looking forward to seeing you back in the near future!

Reviewed July 21, 2018

First time visit, Very expensive for what you get. Food just average & breakfast was terrible. Service was good. $14.00 for a well drink cocktail WOW!! Had just a standard breakfast & the bill was $55.00 Another WOW!! Must be tourist prices
Do not think I will be returning

Date of visit: July 2018
HiltonUniversal, Food and Beverage Marketing Coordinator at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

Dear guest,
Thanks for leaving us your comments. I am very sorry our breakfast didn't meet your expectation. Please share more details with me so I can share with our chef. We have Happy Hour Monday to Friday 3pm- 6pm and you could enjoy $6 selected wines, $6 draft beer and $8 well cocktails.
We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2018

We ate here one night (would have been more) while staying at the hotel for two nights. The food is way overpriced for what it is. The seafood is VERY fishy tasting, pastas and rice overcooked. The servers are nice and seem honest and compassionate, wanting to try and make things right.

We detailed this out much more in our review of the Hilton Hotel on this stay.

Date of visit: July 2018
HiltonUniversal, F&B Marketing Coordinator at Cafe Sierra, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear guest,
Thanks for leaving us a review. We sincerely apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our restaurant and we are always looking forward to improving our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and our entire team works hard to ensure all the guests enjoy their visits and go above and beyond to meet our guests' needs. Thank you again for your feedback and for bringing these to our attention. I hope that you will contact me so I can make it right for you, restore your confidence in Cafe Sierra, and keep you as a loyal guest. Hope you could give us another chance and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Cafe Sierra in the future. Best Regards, tliu@hiltonuniversal.com