“Brilliant Coffee ”

Alfred {Coffee & Kitchen}
Ranked #12 of 356 Coffee & Tea in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The staff are friendly and the drinks range from $4-$10. I got a cappuccino and wasn't offered a variety of beans, however it was really well made and the foam on top lasted. There is accessible WiFi, however it does dip in and out. A few people comment on the fact that there were not many charging outlets available (apparently one near the counter), but this does not stop the crowds using the spot for working on Laptops etc. There is both indoor and outdoor meetings. They also serve sandwiches and health drinks.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Alfred in Brentwood opened with a big smile and a can do attitude. My wife and I had coffee there at least 3 days a week. Unfortunately they gave up on service and graciousness quickly. My wife is very nice particular about the temperature of her cappuccino and we travel consistently with a well worn “please can you make it hot hot hot and hotter still” (we can ask for this in many languages). Alfred was happy to make hers hot and did for quite some time without a glitch. We knew the baristas and which ones were best at getting it right. There were one or two who simply could not or would not try for “hot” and, as to one, a management person simply (and quietly) confided that “she has no touch and can only do it standard as trained”. (The person who made this comment was lovely and got a well deserved promotion in management and got transferred to a bigger Alfred’s). We learned to avoid the barista with no touch and seemed to be navigating it well, however, a few weeks ago that barista announced that she was having trouble with corporate because her “product use” was “too much” because some weeks earlier she had remade my wife’s cappuccino (rather than simply steam it again to increase the temp). That was a bit strange. Last week after we had our coffee (which was made to our temperature level just fine) and we were seated in the patio we had a visit by the incapable barista (who had not even been there when we ordered and got our coffee) and another person who said “I am telling you that the company does not want your business anymore and please don’t come back”. She gave me a handwritten piece of paper that said “name”@alfreds.com and said “email here if you have any questions”. I asked who that was and she said it was her email. I asked how to reach company persons and she said “email info@alfreds”.
I figured out who the founder/owner was and reached out through Linked in with no reply. I tried to reach the company office and got no reply.

Nicely Joe and The Juice just opened directly adjacent to these horribly snobbish and non-service oriented folks and are clearly blowing the business of Alfred’s with far better coffee and a full menu and smiling and happy staff who call us by name and delight to make a hot hot hot cappuccino with a perfect cup every time and a thank you for being there.

Brentwood is a special place for places like Joe and The Juice (and many others). There is no room for rudeness and lack of caring like Alfred’s.

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Delicious pastries and coffee! Fun and convenient neighborhood spot. Almond croissants were fabulous!

Reviewed January 14, 2018

Pictures of wall murals led me to this place. It's located on an alley off Melrose. Cappuccino was so strong tasted like Espresso shot. Metered parking only. Staff were friendly and were helpful taking photos of me with their famous wall murals. This is one location of the popular bleeding hearts art. Early morning is the best time to get your photo souvenirs.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

Alfred was cute and quaint with unique drinks available. This is definitely a trendy location and when we were there, we struggled to find a place to sit. You’ll surely see instagrammers snapping pictures of their coffee or the recognizable wall in the downstairs area.