“my colour at Allen Edwards”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Allen Edwards Salon & Serenity Spa
Reviewed 19 February 2007

Having recently moved to Los Angeles I did my research to try and find a good hairdresser. Allen Edwards had good write ups and was marketed as a high end salon. I booked an appointment at the Studio City salon with a hairdresser called Marylin. When i arrived at the salon i was impressed by the front entrance and waiting area. However the hairdressing area was adjacent to this and in bad repair. The cupboards had bin liners and making tape on most of them. I had a consultation that lasted less than a minute. I have very fine brown auburn hair with dark blond highlights that needed redoing. I asked for a blond colour and a brown to compliment my natural tones.
2 hours later the colour came off. I realised that the blonde "colour" she had put on my hair was an Ash bleach. I had half a head of ash bleach hair. Immediately i could tell the condition was ruined. Under the shop lights the colour didnt look horrible just not complimentary. I decided to wait until i got home so i could see the true colour. I was horrified. It was green/yellow.grey and white in places where the bleach had not taken. My previously good conditioned hair was like straw. I was heartbroken as it was 3 days before my civil wedding. I called the salon who apologised and said they would put a caramel toner on it. After ash bleach i decided not to go back. I did not trust the salon or what they had done to my hair. I do not believe a good hairdresser would have applied any bleach at all to fine warm colour hair.
I was able to find another salon that agreed that damage to my hair was irrepairable. They corrected the color as best they could I now have to go for weekly conditioning treatments.
The experience at Allen Edwards was awful. I would not recomment anyone to recieve colour from this salon.

5  Thank Misskennedy